• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Final C-133 Flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There was a C133 on the field at Anchorage International (Ted Stevens) airport when I was working up there back in 2004. I never saw it fly. The rumor was it would occasionally get a special contract and then the company that owned it would insure it for just the duration of that trip. If I had to guess I'd say this was that airplane.

There was a C133 on the field at Anchorage International (Ted Stevens) airport when I was working up there back in 2004. I never saw it fly. The rumor was it would occasionally get a special contract and then the company that owned it would insure it for just the duration of that trip. If I had to guess I'd say this was that airplane.
I do believe you are correct.

My grandfather flew the C-133. He went through a tour at Pima once, and recognized the one on display as one he had a lot of time in.

He had a MAC safety award in it, when taking off from Wake Island, had a engine fail, and then also a prop fail on a different engine, was able to bring it back in. Told me they had to dump the fuel right away, and a lot of it went right down over the base housing, messing up a lot of peoples laundry out in the lines that day.

Last edited:
My grandfather flew the C-133. He went through a tour at Pima once, and recognized the one on display as one he had a lot of time in.

He had a MAC safety award in it, when taking off from Wake Island, had a engine fail, and then also a prop fail on a different engine, was able to bring it back in. Told me they had to dump the fuel right away, and a lot of it went right down over the base housing, messing up a lot of peoples laundry out in the lines that day.

Obama Goaste?

when I worked there we parked on the same ramp...and to park a shorts right under the wing and have 25 ft of clearance...that thing was huge...but it looked rough.

Yesterday I mapped all of Travis AFB and I saw it sitting on one of the pads way out on the east side of 3R all by its lonesome. It shined pretty good from about a mile up.

Latest resources

Back