FI Moment of (posting)Silence

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Unbelievable.

You know, I thought there was nothing that I could see on FI that would really make me shake my head and wonder about my profession. I was wrong. The reaction to my proposed recognition of this crew blows me away.

I am truly sorry I felt a desire to share my sadness of this tragedy on this board.

Won't happen again.

w

Not to be a dick, but shutting down an internet posting message board for an hour isn't going to honor anyone.

You want to honor the people who died? Read up on and learn from this accident, and be ever so much more professional at work.

Too late.

It's a symbolic gesture. Recognition. Thanks for the lesson in professionalism though.

I've expressed my regrets in sharing this idea. I should have know that even the tragic death of others would bring out the classless, friendless jackasses that have nothing better to do than mock this tragedy on FI.

w

Too late.

It's a symbolic gesture. Recognition. Thanks for the lesson in professionalism though.

I've expressed my regrets in sharing this idea. I should have know that even the tragic death of others would bring out the classless, friendless jackasses that have nothing better to do than mock this tragedy on FI.

w

Dude---maybe, most just thought it was a meaningless idea with little merit! Just because they didn't fall all over themselves to support you--has nothing to do with the lack of class, professionalism, being a jackass, or mocking a tragedy. Frankly, most of us sober folks don't see the connection or value!

Sorry, if they hurt your feelings by not following you in concert, but, maybe YOU should just turn off F.I. for an hour--or even longer should you so desire! If that's what you think would be best, then by all means, power down!

Quit practicing the "I'm O.K., You're not O.K." philosophy in an attmept to manipulate our behavior through your interpretation of goodwill and/or proper behavior by using guilt. We will exercise our show of sympathy in our own personal way--or not. And for me--turning off F.I. will not be my personal expression!

Cheers

Last edited:
Even though we make assumptions based on what we know as saavy operators in this industry, all the info has yet to be released. Each pilot in the world should take a moment to reflect on their individual humanity. It is a fragile thing that has absolutely no meter. So many pilots act as though they are immortal. But the reality is that no matter what one does to offset problems, ultimately none of us has any control over flights, fate, weather, life, the stock market, or death. I stopped the list because there really isn't much in anyone's life that can't snowball completely out of control if a couple of things start to unravel. So please let's think of the families of the crew tonight. I haven't seen any media support for them, but only of the pax deceased. Remember there are moms and dads, brothers,sisters, cousins, wives, husbands and children of those pilots and flight attendants that lay tonight after making funeral preparations all day. It will all be closed casket or memorial type functions due to the nature. Never to be seen again by those that loved them. And their deaths associated with the inevitable lawsuit that will cast a cloud on their memory.

So before you cast your judgements, please remember that this could happen to any one of us at any time.

Even though we make assumptions based on what we know as saavy operators in this industry, all the info has yet to be released. Each pilot in the world should take a moment to reflect on their individual humanity. It is a fragile thing that has absolutely no meter. So many pilots act as though they are immortal. But the reality is that no matter what one does to offset problems, ultimately none of us has any control over flights, fate, weather, life, the stock market, or death. I stopped the list because there really isn't much in anyone's life that can't snowball completely out of control if a couple of things start to unravel. So please let's think of the families of the crew tonight. I haven't seen any media support for them, but only of the pax deceased. Remember there are moms and dads, brothers,sisters, cousins, wives, husbands and children of those pilots and flight attendants that lay tonight after making funeral preparations all day. It will all be closed casket or memorial type functions due to the nature. Never to be seen again by those that loved them. And their deaths associated with the inevitable lawsuit that will cast a cloud on their memory.

So before you cast your judgements, please remember that this could happen to any one of us at any time.

Petitepilot,

Your fervant communication was demonstrative of wisdom and a great depth of sensitivity, feeling, and understanding. Your post has temporarily sedated my normal pugnacious behavior and evoked within me, elemental emotions, and strangely, a helplessness of cavernous proportions. Absorbing your message, creates contrasting emotions of both heightened sensitivity and a paralyzing numbness, while trying to grasp the gravity and reasons for such human tragedy. Moreover, reflecting on the ripple effect that will alter and destroy lives of the many associated directly with those on board, causes me great heartache and a mawkish state of mind. It's only fair to say, that such tragic events tie us all together in a very unfortunate way. Only time and Hope will soothe the pain, but tender scars will always remain!

Thanks, for your message, and "May Peace be with You!"

Last edited:

A very, very great post!!! I commend you petitepilot.

Really? I'm a weirdo for trying to propose a simple memorial to the crew? Ok. Thanks for your input.

I forgot the mentality level of many posters here. Thanks for reminding me.

I'll just drink a toast to them myself.

W

Yes, you are a weirdo. And thank you for ceasing as you stated.

Latest resources

Back