• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FFDO firearms

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would've sold you my PM9 if I had known...

Hey, maybe one of these days the little lady will want to upgrade her POS Taurus 380 semiauto that she bought while I was out of town. (Yes, a 380... all the expense of a 45, with the stopping power of a BB gun!)

Actually, the original question was "Anyone know if a different company is now supplying firearms for FFDO's?"
I'm betting the contract is still with H&K. I think the offer to pilots and other uniformed personnel stopped about the time gun sales started going through the roof.

On that single point, you are correct. Sort of......there is no prohibition from opening that door for many reasons in flight and most of them are reasonable. However, there is one other person on my side of the locked door...... I'm just sain'

I'm not taking sides in your little debate, but remember, that "other person" on our side of the locked door could be an armed FFDO too......just sayin.

Hey, maybe one of these days the little lady will want to upgrade her POS Taurus 380 semiauto that she bought while I was out of town. (Yes, a 380... all the expense of a 45, with the stopping power of a BB gun!)

Better a .380 on you than a .45 that isn't.

I'm not taking sides in your little debate, but remember, that "other person" on our side of the locked door could be an armed FFDO too......just sayin.

Can't always control every situation completely...too many variables. Some times the best w can do is be as prepared.as possible..knowing this and reconciling that fact in our own minds cuts down our even eliminates the oh********************! factor..

Two pilot guys who have passed background checks, sitting together in a locked room. The 50 people sitting in the room next door all went through a metal detector or more likely an x-ray scan of their bodies/grope down physical search.

Those pilots seem like the least likely people in all of America to need a handgun during the course of their jobs. The FFDO program (as it is), like most other 9/11 reactions, is completely idiotic.

Do you find your hair gel and back-pack to be idiotic?

Two pilot guys who have passed background checks, sitting together in a locked room. The 50 people sitting in the room next door all went through a metal detector or more likely an x-ray scan of their bodies/grope down physical search.

Those pilots seem like the least likely people in all of America to need a handgun during the course of their jobs. The FFDO program (as it is), like most other 9/11 reactions, is completely idiotic.

If my cockpit is breached someone is going to die. I choose it to not be me if I can avoid it.

Gup

Latest resources

Back