Ferrying aircraft in Florida?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mojo Risen

Can anyone tell me if their are any needs for moving aircraft out of the Florida hurricain areas. What do most people do with the aircraft sitting on ramps?

I have always wondered about that.

Looks like the exodus has stared... A squadron of aircraft from the Pensacola Aviation Center have moved up to MGM for the weekend (hope it's safe there).

Aircraft Movements for: (MGM) MONTGOMERY RGNL (DANNELLY FIELD), AL -- 07/08/2005 (CDT)

07-08-05 10:36 N345FA PA44 Arrived from PNS
07-08-05 10:43 N59CW PA44 Arrived from PNS
07-08-05 10:57 N121EH PAY2 Arrived from PNS
07-08-05 10:59 N9252Q PA28 Arrived from PNS
07-08-05 11:03 N4357M PA28 Arrived from PNS

I know when I was in MGM last season, ERAU sent a bunch of their planes up there to be out of the path. Guess it's like a game of chess w/ mother nature...just keep moving the pieces.

T

i know that my school ferried them out last year during one of the 4 big hurricanes that hit. but it turns out that they didn't need to. the storm didnt hit new smryna beach too hard.

as for riddle, i'd be more worried about hail than a hurricane. let's deal with the small stuff first...

E46_guy said:
Looks like the exodus has stared... A squadron of aircraft from the Pensacola Aviation Center have moved up to MGM for the weekend (hope it's safe there).

MGM? Have these people seen the projected path of the storm? Seems to me they would have been better off going west.

I can only speak for FXE, and we aren't really in the path, but I spent most of today squeezing as many planes as I could into our hangars. There are still alot outside, and I didn't really see anyone leave because of the weather. From what I understand, when we are actually going to get hit, most of the 'big' planes leave, and we fill our hangars with aircraft from the flight schools on the airport.

Latest resources

Back