• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Ferry Pilots

starvingcfi

CpApAwM
Total Time
hey. i'll keep it short. i'm a cfi with 600+ total. are there any companies around that use lower time ferry pilots? just been looking into it a little. it's the slow season in florida. freakin thunderstorms. thought it might be a nice little timebuilder. thanks in advance.

starvingcfi

Pilot877

Banned
Total Time
~3500
Where are you in Florida? I might have a couple of suggestions for you.....

DairyAir

Total Time
ferry flying

Call any local aircraft brokers in your area. I ferried planes for brokers for a while built up about 1200 hrs in a pretty short time. They don't really pay much but you can build alot of time flying light singles and twins from coast to coast.

Good luck

starvingcfi

CpApAwM
Total Time
thanks. not really looking for pay. i can live on ramen noodles and water. i just need the flight time. if anyone else has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

starvingcfi

wingnutt

...recognize this?
Total Time
+30yrs
ferrying is a cool job...

thats what got me to 500TT (and 250 multi), and then went VFR135 ops from there.

ferrying is a hard one to break into, but once your in, they'll call you and refer you to everyone else.

good luck!