Ferry Pilots for hire?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ferry flights

This guy call the house and says "YOu got tailwheel time?" to which I reply "of course". He says "pack your bag I'll be there in 30 minutes". I am getting in his truck and ask where are we going. Florida! After about an hour I asked what kind of plane are we picking up and he tells me a Citabria. GPS? No. Loran? No. Vor? No. It's alright, I brought my hand held GP... oh s**t..I forgot to pack my gps. We get to Panama City and spend the night. We go to the airport the next morning and fuel this plane and fired it up. Gas..check. Charts..che...crap..no charts. The airport was out of the only sectional I needed but I got an AFD for frequencies.

Rolling down the runway and i get airborne and i start to breathe again. The next thought that came to mind was Now I have to land this thing!!! Navigation??? The coast!! I followed the coast into Alabama then I saw insterstate 10. I was flying IFR(i follow roads) all the way back to TX.

The first landing was a hard hit but the next 10 were progessively softer. All 10 were my first attempt to land to get gas. I thought to my self, when I get home I have to get some tail wheel training!!!! This is a lot of fun!!!

Anyway, Both me and the airplane made it home and I have to say that was one of the most enjoyable trips i have ever taken.

All these stories got me excited. Anyone knows who I can call to do some ferry flying? It's great having an office at FL370, but I miss the "reciprocating engine " world.

Latest resources

Back