• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ferry permit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had to get one once. I let the FBO I was working part time for do my annual, or at least start it anyway. I found out fast that they were the wrong shop for tube and fabric aircraft. After a very heated debate about some things I disagreed about, I put it back together, rolled it out on the ramp and went to the FSDO. If I remember correctly it took about an hour start to finish and I was on my way. Nothing to it. I can't remember how long it was good for or anything. I flew to another location the next day. Everything turned out well and I was back in the air in a week with the $8000 I was quoted by my "friend" still in the bank for fuel.

TiredOfTeaching said:
Yeah......... What he said.

I have done a number of ferry flights. Normally, the local A&P will give his gospel word to the area's FSDO, and off ya go. No big deal......Enjoy the RNF!

Make sure you are the only one on board, I dont even know if that a/c has two seats, and I think its obvious not too, but I knew a guy who took a friend with him of a ferry permit, had an engine problem and put it in a field, he had some major explaning to do to the FAA, but they didnt violate him for it.

Latest resources

Back