Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ferry companies who don't charge you to ferry aircraft?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rumpletumbler

I've been looking around trying to find some ferry opportunities and just am wondering if anyone knows of any companies where you can be paid to do the work and don't have to comp your own travel etc? I'm out of passport right now so it would have to be a US ferry.

The site I was looking at has ads like this.

Fly a C-150 from Narita, Japan to John F. Kennedy International. You will leave so as to arrive one day prior to the ferry departure date so you can wash and wax the aircraft (materials and labor not provided or reimbursed). Our client would like you to provide your own transportation and lodging to Narita but will provide a $12 a day per diem during your stay.

Fuel tanks are standard issue, if you want more gas you'll have to arrange this on your own. All permits, fees and fuel expenses are to be taken from your per diem. If expenses exceed per diem then you must provide your own way.

You will have exactly 5 days to complete the ferry.

Our client expects a blow job on taking possession of the aircraft.

The aircraft is to be refurbished after delivery and the client expects you to rent a car and drive him to Wehadkee, Alabama at your expense should it exceed your $12 a day per diem. You will provide 3 meals a day, five star lodging, hookers and a case of Jack Daniels during this portion of your trip. Dog biscuits, water bottles and puppy pads must be provided for the owners four German Shepherds who will travel with you to Alabama so book pet friendly lodging!

Before this ad was even posted I had 4000 emails not only asking for the job but many offering to fulfil my secret desires for consideration. I'll get back to you with my decision.

I mean...there are some companies out there that aren't like this right?

Google 'ferry pilot jobs' and get this: Ferry Pilots Needed

Hope it helps.

After reading three of the job postings I agree with the OP...WTF! "Please fly my plane for me...on YOUR dime." ??!!

Last edited:
Google 'ferry pilot jobs' and get this: Ferry Pilots Needed

Hope it helps.

After reading three of the job postings I agree with the OP...WTF! "Please fly my plane for me...on YOUR dime." ??!!

I about spit my drink on my monitor when i saw the listing about flying a VFR C-172 from Reno to Thunder Bay Ontario for expenses only, and wanting someone with airline priviledges for getting back on your own.

There are some decent ferry companies out there, but pay has really been static (not even counting inflation) for the last 15 years, since the number of planes being ferried has gradually declined, while the number of pilots willing to it, has not.

Anyone who owns a plane and wants it ferried but is not willing to pay someone to do it, well they can pound sand. They wouldnt think of looking for someone to mow their yard for free, but think its perfectly okay to want someone to fly a valuable airplane across the country for free.

Last edited:
Maybe they should list in the add:

We are looking for some one really, really stupid to do this".

Now if you are not really, really stupid you could be offended and not apply. So they will only get the exceptionally stupid to apply and cut down on the paper work. Or the aircraft is a piece of crap and they want the insurance money when it gets "lost" over the ocean so a really stupid pilot would help them in the act.

I was offered a job where the boss said "you've got the job so move out here, work for a couple months (sign a contract) then we will discuss pay. I said no thank you; we need to discuss pay before I move. He said how much do you want. I said what you advertised is fine. He said "No, that is too much". I said “why did you put that amount in your ad”. He said “so we would get more people to apply”........

They did get some one to work for 1/3 of what they said in the ad.

Latest resources

Back