Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Easy

Just tell him to be honest.

Say, Hey this bitch was mouthin off, I told her to shut up and she wouldn't so I shut her up.

All he did was put her in her place and show her who was boss. Whats wrong with that? Sometimes a backhand to the kisser is a great pacifier.

If he tells it like that the interviewers will see he's a man who can take care of bizness, and offer him the job.

Anyway thats what I'd do. Or, take a gun into the interview in a shoulder holster, and keep reaching under your jacket so the butt shows. That'll get you an offer for sure.

Hey, any of you tough guys in trouble for beating up a MAN?

No, just women?

Yeah ok, thought so.

I wouldn't worry. Very few guys out there and plenty of jobs.

They have to take you.

b757driver said:
Employment Application Question

cocknbull, thanks for yr advice. I think my friend knew most of that anyway (ie. post interview background checks etc.)

However, the point of asking the question was not what happens & to be honest. He knows all that and knows what to say if he gets as far as the interview.

He has an application with the VERY specific question:

Considering the CURRENT disposition of the case, he needs to know SPECIFICALLY how he should answer this question. Apparently when he checked with the court clerk, the computer spat out the case #, charge and review date of Aug 11. So the case, as it stands, is pending. He also found out that he did NOT make any plea (he thought by signing that court paper to do a deal, it was no contest). The computer records show NO conviction, he certainly did not plead guilty and apparently, he did NOT even plead nolo. I'm no lawyer but looking @ the facts as they stand, morally and legally, he should respond NO to the question and if his interview is AFTER the Aug date, explain the situation upfront in the interview with papers to back it up.

This IS a very delicate situation - I have heard of countless cases of foul ups by court personnel with records being supposedly sealed and/or expunged - whatever - and things have been left out to hang. Professional. legal people DO make mistakes sometimes but usually it's their clients that continue to suffer.

As for not worrying about misdemeanors, why then do airlines bother asking? They never used to, now they ask all kinds of things. Next will be have you ever been arrested?

Unfortunately, in my friend's case he has been 'treated" guilty since the git go and has had an uphill battle to prove innocence. He relinquished that right when he realized that the odds were stacked against him and a conviction likely. Basically he got a slap on the hand and will probably have the charge/case dismissed next month. BUT in the meantime, he has to answer that Q and turn in the app. After what he has been through the past 9 months, this guy deserves a big break - and this opportunity could be it - provided this situation is handled right starting @ the application. By the time he gets to interview (if?), there will be a clearer picture and he has the ability to handle this in a one-on-one. But he needs to get there first and that depends on how high he "scores" and what he says on the app.
Any pilot-attorneys, para legals or such out there that could give a reasonable answer here. His own attorney, unfortunately, is very evasive and does not understand the issues involved.

Thanks a lot.

Hey ClownPilot

You are clowning around, right?

If it wasn't so "funny", I might have taken it seriously. By the way if you think that is all that it takes to get arrested for DV, think again. In this state, shouting at someone (presumably female only) or spitting at someone is an arrestable offense under "battery/domestic violence".
So it really does not take a lot. You got that part right about brawling with men as opposed to hollering at women.

Now if I could PLEASE get some real advice on what to get my buddy to write on that app (you may have to go back a few posts as this is digressing from the real Q) to the question so he might stand a chance in being called for interview.

No calls, no faxes, no walk-ins. Sorry - I meant no clowns, no jokers, no winos.....

b757driver

Your friend is in a real Catch 22. If this does not show up on his county criminal record and the court documents are inconclusive than it is very very likley that no one will find it. With that being said it probably won't come up. CHECK NO, but have the paper work ready to back up his action. There is no Godly police body that knows everything about every American. The only legal way for an airline to find out about you is what I have mentioned in my previuos posts. If you get those documents and it doesn't show than an airline will probably not know.

If the above is true than it is highly unlikely that anyone will know, however it is important to remember that interviewers are the people who interpret the questions on the application. If they feel he mislead them in an attempt to cover a criminal act, he will more than likely not get hired.

Other options

1. Open the case back up. Very risky and he could loose his plea bargin.

2. Try to buy a govener's pardin. Very expensive and no garuntee.

cocknbull

Thanks for yr advice - it makes sense.

Since yr last post, my buddy went down to BOTH the court house and police records, paid one fee and pulled both records.
What these show is the charge, arrest and the narrative of each court appearance so far - arraignment, trial which did not proceed because of the deal.
The ONLY plea on record is the "not guilty" @ arraignment in Feb and the app Q does NOT ask about any not guilty pleas. The "deal" he made apparently was NOT a nolo or no contest! It was what they call an adjudication or agreement - if you do this, come back for review in Aug, we will dismiss the charge. This was confirmed by telephone but my friend decided to go in person & pull these paers to se what exactly was on them.
So, I would say he can answer NO to the question because is only plea was NOT GUILTY and the Q asks about all the other pleas or conviction. He has not been convicted.
Clearly, this was not a clear cut case otherwise why is the court playing ball so much & in essence giving a slap on the wrist with dismissal expected? If it were that serious, he would have been convicted or cleared a long time ago, right?
Anyway, he's going to say NO, see if he makes interview - by then he will know the disposition of the case & also have the paperwork for that & he will then answer any questions they may ask. In fact, he will almost certainly disclose @ interview & also explan why he checked no on the app.
Basically that's all he can do.
Thanks foyr advice - he does not need a governor's pardon - this is only a misdemeanor & the case is being reviewed for a DISMISSAL provided he completes his program & stays out of trouble (this is first time, with no previous history). The n his lawyer is supposed to either seal and/or expunge his record of arrest/charge. This was already done in family court for the divorce side of things but the criminal is always the harder of the two with more repercussions.
I guess tha's all he can do & to me, seems the most logical and truthful.

121 jobs do happen even with criminal records! I had a felony (now reduced to a misdermeanor) 8 years ago. Came clean in my interview, I brought it up, not them, and got I hired. A close friend of mine with 3 felony convictions did the same and also got hired. Some of us made stupid mistakes in our youth. But with years to grow up, prove we learned from our mistakes, and move on in life, some people can understand. Don't sell yourself short just because you mad a mistake in the past. Those on this board with "Clean records" are lucky. Everyone has done things in their life they are not proud of, but some of us got caught! Move on!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back