FedEx??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

charterpuke

Has anyone ever heard of a well qualified regular straight white guy civilian pilot with no in-house recommendations getting hired at FedEx? DO I STAND A CHANCE?? Give it to me straight, I can take it.

Yes. A guy in my interview group was a civ white male, no letters of rec. He got hired. I also got hired with no letters of rec, but I am military, if that matters, I dont know. Of course, that was just after the postal contract got announced, so I am sure things are probably different now. One thing I have notice though, is that EVERYONE I have talked to who got an inteview call without a letter of rec attended an Air, Inc. conference and dropped a resume off with the Fedex people. Good luck.

YES

Yes you can get the call w/o the rec. I could be wrong but I think part of their requirements is for time in a/c over 20,000 MGTOW along with the 1000 pic turb and others. I'm not sure if the 1000 pic turb has to be in the 20,000 # class or not. My guess is that it does know.

But I do know of an Air Midwest 1900 capt getting a job. The 1900D doesn't go over 20,000 #. He did fly the dash8 in PHX as an F.O. for almost 2 years before 1900 capt. He paid for his job and got hired w/ 300tt so he was stuck in the rt. seat till 1500tt at which he went to the 1900 for the sked and pic. Smart kid/rich parents. He's in his late 20's and in the rt. seat on the 72. Gee and I thought I was doing it right by having the govt. pay for my training and going to a non pay for your job airline. Look where we are and where he is. Who's laughing now. Not me.

His stats when Fedex hired him were

2600tt
just over 1000 turb pic in the 1900D
1300 in the dash as sic
300 from whatever the MESAup rich kids pay for your job program gives you.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the 20,000 pound requirement only for the time you are claiming as piston PIC to meet the 1000 hour PIC requirement? So if you had 500 hours PIC in a Beech 1900 and 500 in a DC-3, you'd meet the minimum.

Also, does anyone know if you can get credit for the 50 buck application fee if you paid it once a long time (4-5 years) ago? I filled out a paper application then. Is there anyway to update that one electronically or do I have to start from square one again?

GWT >20,000 Question

I have been assured that the >20,000# weight limitation on PIC only applies to piston type a/c. If you have PIC in a small jet (like a military trainer or a small bizjet) less than 20k, FedEx considers that good PIC time towards the 1000 req.

If I'm wrong, my FedEx app is incorrect, and I'm screwed.

This is from the FedEx website:

<1500 hours total fixed-wing time as pilot-in command (PIC) or first officer (SIC) including a minimum 1000 hours PIC in fixed-wing jet, fixed wing multi-engine turbo-prop, or multi-engine recip over 20,000 LBGW or combination thereof.
Note: PIC for this purpose is defined as Captain/Aircraft Commander of record, not simply the sole manipulator of the controls.
Note: FedEx considers only pilot time in fixed wing aircraft toward minimum qualifications. This does not include simulator, helicopter, flight engineer, bombardier, navigator, RIO, EWO, WSO, NFO, or Special Crew.>

The 1,000 PIC can be a combo of any of the three or all in one type. Hope this answers the question.

much clearer

So if you had 300 hr. in the tweet and say 700 hr. in a connie you would qual for the 1000 pic req.

So the way I see it now is that 500 pic in a 1900 and 500 in a dc-3 would work. Right?

or if you had all your time say 3600tt in a 1900 that would work.

Latest resources

Back