FedEX

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xjlifer

Any one take Fedex out of DTW? if so what is best way to get to sort facility from main terminal?

Thanks

If you're finishing a trip, and your FO lives in base, ask him if you can be dropped off at the Fedex facility. It's not too far out of the way. Or you can take a cab.

What Flyer1015 said. Unlike some airports, it's pretty painless getting over there in a cab from the A terminal.

Geez people...a cab? Don't take a cab. First the fare will be around 10-15 bucks but the attitude you get from the cabby is priceless.

I have taken Fed Ex many times out of odd ball airports. The question alway arises on how to get to the ramp. Here is a sure fire way. Works for me everytime.

Go to the hotel drop off point at the airport. Wait for a van to drop off passengers without any pickups. Then with a cool 5 spot (10 spot if you are desperate) and ask the van driver to take you to the Fed Ex ramp. I have never been turned down and it is a huge tip for the van driver.

Geez people...a cab? Don't take a cab. First the fare will be around 10-15 bucks but the attitude you get from the cabby is priceless.

I have taken Fed Ex many times out of odd ball airports. The question alway arises on how to get to the ramp. Here is a sure fire way. Works for me everytime.

Go to the hotel drop off point at the airport. Wait for a van to drop off passengers without any pickups. Then with a cool 5 spot (10 spot if you are desperate) and ask the van driver to take you to the Fed Ex ramp. I have never been turned down and it is a huge tip for the van driver.

10-15 for taxi for sure and its done.....5-10 for a maybe and who knows how long......you are definitely a pilot

Monster, you know the hotel van idea is a good one. Especially in an airport like DTW. Now, if you were in GRR at 11 O'Clock at night, then maybe a cab.

Remeber your roots Monster. Creative financing.

Knowing your background I would take the metro in NYC in the middle of the night no prob. And what gives you the impression I don't still use creative financing?

Latest resources

Back