• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex vs UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, Brown has to be in management, which means he can probably answer why UPS refuses to offer sleep rooms for their pilots during the sort in SDF? FedEx has them, I admit not a huge number, but I've never had a problem getting one if I was on duty either. Showers are there as well.

How about more options for food than food machines? A real buffeteria?

I know for a fact the pilots would like these things.

Profile,

Am I going to bump into you when I check my locker at the AOC for mail? I didn't figure you as the sleeproom type...I thought you'd be out getting some BBQ stingray(my favorite) in Singapore, a seven course Mandarin dinner in Taipei, or some Sushi in Tokyo...

As an MD11 wannabe....tell me you aren't hub turning.....keep hope alive for me. One day I WON'T be on the 727 panel and will be living the "glamorous life" (sounds of Sheena E in background, please...) exploring the Orient and Europe in a fine McAir 3 engine product (instead of the fine TWO engine product I currently enjoy flying)

Happy to be here. Now what does that d@mn light on the panel mean .....oh......scr@wed the stabilizer up again.....

Albie

While I like the international flying more, I have been bidding trips that stay closer to home the past several months because I have young kids and a lot going on at home. Also, I have been holding lines with all my layovers at home, and THAT is worth hub turning for! I bid an international line every few months to keep my sanity. ;-)

Browntothebone has to be in management. While I do enjoy working here for the most part, he is way too gung-ho to be a line pilot.

All great comments above...both great companies with great pay and retirement. However, words in a company's mission statement are just that...words. It is quality of life on the line that counts.

The origins of the companies and the allocation of assets are as important in the overall picture as anything else: UPS is a trucking company with airplanes...FedEx is an airline with trucks. It has always been this way and that's why pilots hold important positions all the way up the chain in management. IMHO, this makes a difference in quality of life for the lineholder from catering to hotels to work rules, etc. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Profile,

Yes, he has to be a management pilot or a new hire! Either way he's had one cup too many of the brown KoolAid.

Still waiting for TCAS!! Safety...hmmmm.

Still no TCAS? I had thought you folks finally had it, or was that just the select few aircraft that fly the places that mandate it?

Just the required select few on the international birds. They're still pushing their ADSB project. In the mean time, we should have had TCAS a long time ago on every aircraft!

Profile,
How long did it take you to be able to hold hub turns and what are the locations that go junior for those? I, too, am very inerested in the maximum home time while the kiddies are young. Thanks all for the great posts...just got back from a long trip and checked this board...you guys are great!

Too many variables to answer that question, depends on aircraft type, seat, etc. You need to look at the bid packs and the awards to sort it out. Just depends on how you want to bid, but as a S/O you could probably hold good stuff pretty early on.

Latest resources

Back