Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex/UPS Age 65 Retirement projections?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyer1015

Anyone have numbers for mandatory retirement (Age 65) projections from 2011-[20xx] for their current pilot group?

Fedex and

UPS

The floodgates (into the back of the 727) will open in December, 2012.

That is to say, retiring CA's and FO's who are precluded from flying after age 65 will transfer to the FE panel where they can ride out the remainder of their lives. I think that's what he was referring to. I wouldn't count on big numbers for an extended period of time.

That is to say, retiring CA's and FO's who are precluded from flying after age 65 will transfer to the FE panel where they can ride out the remainder of their lives. I think that's what he was referring to. I wouldn't count on big numbers for an extended period of time.

You are correct sir!

Serioulsy, though. Barring any unforseen economic disaster we should be hiring in pretty good numbers (200+/yr) starting in 2011. Most guys will probably be hired into the right seat of the 727 and 757 as the 727 S/O seat will consist entirely of over 65 types.

Last edited:
Why don't they want to retire at and above 65? I mean don't they have a good retirement pension from Fedex? Only reason I'd work above 65 is if I had no retirement money for myself.

If one was a captain and then went back to FE later wouldn't that hurt their pension payout? Not sure how its calculated there but I would assume going back to FE would be a paycut and hurting the calculation.
Would you think that people, that actually wanted to still work past 65, would jump back to the FE position early just to ensure that there would be a position available for them? I am assuming that once all the FE positions are filled by everyone over 65 there would be forced retirements for people that wanted the positions and with no openings.

I know a few retired mil guys that went to FedEx, and just stayed in the back of the 727. By the time they could hold a right seat, they were senior enough where they were that the money wasn't enough for them to give up their QOL driving their schedule. I'd imagine the 65+ guys that just want to stay in a cockpit are working the same program.

Why don't they want to retire at and above 65? I mean don't they have a good retirement pension from Fedex? Only reason I'd work above 65 is if I had no retirement money for myself.

No life outside of work and flying. Sad but common at a lot of places.

No life outside of work and flying. Sad but common at a lot of places.

Some people just like to fly. I won't say that I would be working past 65, but you never know. My mother is a single mother and I've got a family of my own. She admits that she would never fully retire because people need a purpose. Aimlessly wandering the house and city you live in isn't much of a purpose. You can only fish and golf so much I would think.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back