Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Several big new things at FDX...

CDG overseas bid is cancelled.

DC-10s phased out Feb 2009 vice Dec 2009.

Displacement bid is coming...some "backwards progression" is assumed in the outcome.

Not good news...but still hangin' tough.

And still hiring over 95% ex/current military.

I'll pass that to some of the other 250 folks from ASA, Mesaba, Skywest, Great Lakes, Chataqua, Express Jet, American Eagle, Gulfstream, and other places that I have helped 2003-2005 that are here now.

Albie,

That may be so, but the hires are still disproportionately ex/current military. That's just life.

what is the current total percentage of mil pilots to civ? If it is 50/50, then I would agree that your class of half and half is proportionate...otherwise it would seem that FEX still hires a disproportionate number of military pilots to civilian pilots.

And still hiring over 95% ex/current military.quote]

That's true. And there are over 5,000 women at United who will never progress past the right seat as well.

Seriously, I just flew with 3 different crews (727) in 3 days and I was the only guy who had any military time at all. But that wont stop the know-it-alls on the outside from making excuses for not getting hired - just like at United. Its somebody elses fault!

I'm thankful to weather the bad economic times at FedEx, thank goodness. At least FedEx is still way in the black in bad times and is taking action to cut costs. Having said that, it is time for the over 60 crowd with more than 20 years at FedEx to go. I know what they are thinking - "In my day I paid for gas on my own credit card, and I was on the panel for 10 years and did every walkaround in the snow."

And still hiring over 95% ex/current military.

And since you are not keeping up with current events, FedEx hasn't hired for a good long time.

Last edited:
Urban legend....half my new hire class in late summer 2006 was civilian.

Thats why the crewroom looks like a navy squadron.

I'll pass that to some of the other 250 folks from ASA, Mesaba, Skywest, Great Lakes, Chataqua, Express Jet, American Eagle, Gulfstream, and other places that I have helped 2003-2005 that are here now.

4760 pilots
250 pilots helped

5% civilian.

Latest resources

Back