• This site moved from forums.flightinfo.com to flightinfo.com. Please update your bookmarks.

FEDEX Timeline and Advice??

LivinDaDream

Total Time
Thanks in advance for any help.

My sponsor has informed me that my app packet is on JL's desk. He is out next week, but back the week after that. I was told to expect about 3 weeks from JL's approval, calls to begin for interviews.

My questions are:

Is this timeline fairly accurate?

If so, how would you spend the next month or so preparing?

When would you schedule a sim prep, after the call or before?

Again, Thanks

CE750Driver

Total Time
Did my grip n grin in August. Packet went on then, and I havent heard anything yet.

BlackCoffee

Total Time
a lie
In August, I was told to expect 3-7 months to hear something..........maybe it was my tie?

BaknF16

Total Time
I had my grip and grin in June. I was told to expect a call within 2-3 months. No call yet... I have heard that you can get sim time in Memphis the day prior to the interview without too much trouble.

1stCivDiv

Window Seat
Total Time
3000+
Once you get the call then I would schedule the sim. Usually they will offer you a couple of dates. It is very helpful. Good Luck!! FYI Did the grip and grin in March, call for interview in August...Class in Oct.

JethroF15

AKA: Jake Snade
Total Time
Friend of mine who I sponsored did the visit in May, called for interview last week of Aug. Interviewed 2 weeks ago and starts class Oct 2. That was his timeline.

rk772

Here we go STEELERS!!
Total Time
Are they currently doing grip and Grins. The last I read, they had been put on hold for a while.

WorldOnTime

Dumb A-- Ashy Larry
Total Time
rk772 said:
Are they currently doing grip and Grins. The last I read, they had been put on hold for a while.
On hold for September and October. Not sure after that.

Flycast

Total Time
3500+
I met with JL in late Aug... interview went well but he made it a point to let me know that it could be a while before call comes... lots of qualified people in the queue. I guess it's better to plan a 7 month wait and be pleasantly surprised as opposed to planning 2 months and being discouraged.

Everybody- be sure to let us know when your call comes!

FC

LivinDaDream

Total Time
Thanks for the replies.

Did the meet and greet in May. I've been told that my stuff has been sent up to JL for review and that he has a big stack on his desk to forward to Personnel for interviews. Hopefully only a month or two to go.

jet2sun

Total Time
Just to add my timeline for you:

Met with JL in Feb. Met one of the ACP in April. Got a call/interview in Aug. and no news yet.

Hope that helps a little.

burg

Total Time
Met engineer acp the end of march. Still nothing. Just paitence.

t.c.

the world on time
Total Time
3000+
i walked a friend in mid march. the cp put a green sticker on his resume and told him he was a "no brainer" as far as getting the interview. he got the call for an interview mid august, interviewed early september and was invited to class the following monday.

as far as interview/sim prep i would suggest www.EmeraldCoastInterviewConsulting.com or AlbieF15 on this board. i can't personally vouch for him, but i have friends who have used his services and had positive experiences. he offers a interview and sim prep.

good luck