Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LivinDaDream

Thanks in advance for any help.

My sponsor has informed me that my app packet is on JL's desk. He is out next week, but back the week after that. I was told to expect about 3 weeks from JL's approval, calls to begin for interviews.

My questions are:

Is this timeline fairly accurate?

If so, how would you spend the next month or so preparing?

When would you schedule a sim prep, after the call or before?

Again, Thanks

I had my grip and grin in June. I was told to expect a call within 2-3 months. No call yet... I have heard that you can get sim time in Memphis the day prior to the interview without too much trouble.

Once you get the call then I would schedule the sim. Usually they will offer you a couple of dates. It is very helpful. Good Luck!! FYI Did the grip and grin in March, call for interview in August...Class in Oct.

Friend of mine who I sponsored did the visit in May, called for interview last week of Aug. Interviewed 2 weeks ago and starts class Oct 2. That was his timeline.

Are they currently doing grip and Grins. The last I read, they had been put on hold for a while.

I met with JL in late Aug... interview went well but he made it a point to let me know that it could be a while before call comes... lots of qualified people in the queue. I guess it's better to plan a 7 month wait and be pleasantly surprised as opposed to planning 2 months and being discouraged.

Everybody- be sure to let us know when your call comes!

FC

Thanks for the replies.

Did the meet and greet in May. I've been told that my stuff has been sent up to JL for review and that he has a big stack on his desk to forward to Personnel for interviews. Hopefully only a month or two to go.

Latest resources

Back