• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex threatens to cancel Boeing orders

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I say screw 'em. Call their bluff. Holding a/c orders over the heads of Congress is a desperate act. I hope Congress doesn't fall for this crap.

This epitomizes balls. It seems like a weak last ditch effort to block the unions.

Like it's always been said "A company with a union, deserved a union!"

I say screw 'em. Call their bluff. Holding a/c orders over the heads of Congress is a desperate act. I hope Congress doesn't fall for this crap.

Congress typically responds strongly to a perceived threat against their authority or being hoodwinked (auto execs flying private jets to DC wanting taxpayer money).

I think Fred played the wrong hand on this one, especially given the current atmosphere on Capital Hill.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123791678454427343.html
Plus classic comments by the "let them eat cake crowd"
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123791678454427343.html#articleTabs=comments
"It is exceedingly unlikely that we would purchase those airplanes" should Congress change the law, said FedEx spokesman Maury Lane. The legislation could cripple the company and eliminate the need for the extra planes, Mr. Lane said.

Deja vu?
"It is exceedingly unlikely that we would expand our cotton production should the President enter into a Civil War," said the South's spokesman Jefferson Davis. "It would cripple our plantation production should we lose the labor advantage that slavery provides."

Last edited:
"It is exceedingly unlikely that we would expand our cotton production should the President enter into a Civil War," said the South's spokesman Jefferson Davis. "It would cripple our plantation production should we lose the labor advantage that slavery provides."

DING DING DING...WE HAVE A WINNER!!!

Thank god Mcbush wasn't elected president, With freddy and johnny so tight the unions would ve been in a world of s..t:puke:

Card Check

Do any of you guys know what card check is?!?

Don't EVER equate slavery with a job... that you volunteer for. You don't like the job, go somewhere else.

Oh, and I threw boxes there too. It sucked, along with digging ditches and flipping burgers. That's why I left to do better things. I'd hardly call that slavery.

The comparison is sickening.

Do any of you guys know what card check is?!?

Don't EVER equate slavery with a job... that you volunteer for. You don't like the job, go somewhere else.

Oh, and I threw boxes there too. It sucked, along with digging ditches and flipping burgers. That's why I left to do better things. I'd hardly call that slavery.

The comparison is sickening.

Yes you're absolutely right you're outta there goodbye!!!

Next!!!

Latest resources

Back