FedEx Sim Prep??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

eeyore

Anyone have any suggestions on where to go for sim prep for FedEx in Miami?? Most likely will be in the A310. Someone had mentioned using Sim 2000 --- would that be in reference to the Microsoft Sim 2000 or is there something else? Thanks for any replies!!

Unless you haven't been flying in the last 6 months I would suggest that you save your money and don't buy any sim time. If you are rusty and not instrument proficient than go do some work in a Fraca sim at a local flight school.

The sim ride at FedEx is very simple and straihgt forward. It is the same profile they used last year, five years before that, and 20 years before that. It hasn't changed. You can find the profile at different sites on the web.

The sim portion is important but what you really want to concentrate on is the "face" time. Make sure you spend the most time preparing answers on yourself and your background and CRM skills.

Best of luck. I know how nerve racking it can be preparing because I was there 9 months ago

I agree with everything PurpleTail said except the part about "save your money..." In today's marketplace, I strongly disagree with that advice. This may be your only interview for quite some time and I'd recommend being as prepped as possible. Lots of past posts on the pros and cons of sim prep, but the industry just ain't the same as we all know too well.

It's your roll though...Good luck, however you decide.

Thanks guys. I'm currently flying the B-1900 -- with no autopilot or anything -- but have no heavy jet time. I understand it's just basic airwork, however too much is riding on this to not do a prep -- if nothing else it will make me more comfortable and confident going into the sim which will be well worth the dollars spent I think!

Just wondering if there are any specific recommendations as to where I should buy my sim time.... Thanks again.

eeyore,
Just remember those big fans on the A310 lag a little more than the PT-6. You shouldn't have to move the throttles more than a knob's width during most of the ride except for the 200KT descent then you'll have to bring it back to idle. This was what I was told before my sim ride and it seemed to work. Good luck.

NightFlyer

Also expect some higher pitch attitudes than t-props - 3-4 deg up at 250 kts (I'm guessing) and even nose-up on final approach. Good luck and hope to join you!

Latest resources

Back