• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx SBI No More?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have heard that to from a Guy who interviewed last week. No SBI. Don't know if its permanent or the guys and girl who do it were all unavail.

SBI is that the wacking testing after the interview?
Who are the seven dwarfs and in what order did they sleep with Snow white?

SBI is the situational interview in a 727 fixed base trainer. They give you a fire or something in flight, and choices to make... get on the ground in a certain amount of time.

SBI = Situational Based Interview (FedEx)
LOI = Line Oriented Interview (SWA)

I thought this was a great interview tool. A shame if they actually got rid of it.

Most of the people who do not get hired get tripped up in the SBI for one reason or another(so I am told). That would be a big deal if they dumped it.

Any #'s for total guys in the pool from those who interviewed last week?

Latest RUMOR posted on here was 200. I hope to God they pull us out by interview date...

Malter, you ever written a check for $0.69?

Last edited:
Quiet Flight said:
Latest RUMOR posted on here was 200. I hope to God they pull us out by interview date...

Malter, you ever written a check for $0.69?

Not likely, IMHO.

The MOAB's closes tomorrow and we'll know more but the ANC MD-11 FO primary slots DID NOT all get filled which means new hires straight to the right seat. And if that is the case then I assume management will cherry pick the poolies (based on qual's) and start classes soon.

Best of luck.

Quiet Flight said:
SBI = Situational Based Interview (FedEx)
LOI = Line Oriented Interview (SWA)

I thought this was a great interview tool. A shame if they actually got rid of it.

You are a moron. The SBI is stupid and proves nothing more than you are capable of making a decision even if it is a stupid decision. I know some pretty bad pilots that are capable of making a decision. Glad you liked the futile exercise.

Latest resources

Back