Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nope

nomomoney said:
Is there a website where I can see the names on your pilot senority list to see if I know anyone there? Thanks

No there isn't. The only way you could see the seniority list is if you knew someone there that would show you. But if you knew someone, you'd have an LOR then wouldn't you.

Sorry, but it is a bit ironic.

Goose17

billjohnson321 said:
this is ridiculous,its just boxes.
Boxes at $250,000.00 per landing. . . .

What's the rationale behind the FEDEX Reps attending Job Fairs ?

If I show up with a resume, am the most qualified guy they've ever seen, but don't have 3 LORs, aren't they wasting their own time ?

320AV8R

dunno

A few years ago, I had 3 LORs and went to an Air Inc job fair. I waited in line and when I got to the front, I met with Beverly. I was surprised to hear her say that she recognized my name and that I would be getting a call in a couple weeks for an interview.

As for what purpose FedEx attends the job fairs now, I have no idea.

Goose17

Two ways to get LOR's.

1. Hang out at the after hours bars around 6:30-8:30AM around the airport in MEM.

2. Jumpseat on a Fedex airplane from MEM to Hawaii. Sure they will not have flown with you, but it gives you 6 hours to get to know 2-3 guys a flight.
Just a couple stupid ideas to throw out there.

$$$4nothin said:
1. Hang out at the after hours bars around 6:30-8:30AM around the airport in MEM.

This is a good idea if you want to get SHOT!!!!! :eek:

Stay away from "around the airport"

Echopapa said:
Are you suggesting that what you carry behind the cockpit door has an effect on the required skill level of the pilots? For example an American Airlines A300 with passengers is inherently more difficult to fly than a FedEx A300 with cargo?

Does that mean that an empty passenger plane is easier to fly than a full one? What if you have the president on board, is it harder to land? What if we were carrying diamonds or gold....then would we require better pilots?

One thing worth noting, airlines do not give you a refund if you don't get to your destination on time.....we do.

The only thing ridiculous is your quote.....if you really feel that way don't apply.

Nerve touched!

Goose17 said:
A few years ago, I had 3 LORs and went to an Air Inc job fair. I waited in line and when I got to the front, I met with Beverly. I was surprised to hear her say that she recognized my name and that I would be getting a call in a couple weeks for an interview.

As for what purpose FedEx attends the job fairs now, I have no idea.

Goose17

The answer to the last comment is obvious, isn't it?
To appear impartial and interested in candidates and not leave themselves open to a lawsuit!

Latest resources

Back