FedEx requirements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gcsass said:
In the online app there are only 3 spaces, but you can have an infinite number of people go online via the FedEx employee website and submit a recommendation for you.

Thank goodness they specified people, because I know an infinite number of monkeys.

It has been posited that if an infinite number of monkeys sit at an
infinite number of typewriters and randomly press keys, they will
eventually produce the complete works of Shakespeare

:beer:

propjob27 said:
Well......

Here's the deal. You now need a total of five recs to get an interview.

You only need one rec, your sponsor, to get a meet and greet. Your sponsor is required to have flown with you.

However, you "need" four more to be considered for an interview afterwards.

Again, you need one rec, your sponsor, for your meet n greet. But don't expect to get called for an interview afterwards unless you also have four more recs. There have been some exceptions, but I belive this has become the norm.

Not true...I have a bud with an interview scheduled with only 3 recs and I have heard of many other cases like this.

for what it's worth

How many newhires get the caravan?? It looks like a really fun plane to fly. Where I instruct I have seen several FedEx caravans fly in at night but i didn't have the courage to go talk to them.

instructordude said:
How many newhires get the caravan?? It looks like a really fun plane to fly. Where I instruct I have seen several FedEx caravans fly in at night but i didn't have the courage to go talk to them.

None....It goes way senior.

Posted on DAL TA

instructordude said:
Wow, I didn't realize Delta pilots made 159,000 a year. That is some pretty serious change. What are they trying to kill the golden goose?? I take half that and be happy!

I recommend you do a little more research before you ask dumb questions and/or make stupid statements!

Am I sponsoring your bud?

I called and got the M&G appointment about 3 weeks ago. I don't think he had any LOR's online at the time. The appointment is for the sponsor, I don't believe the applicant even has to have an app in with FedEx, they didn't ask.

I'll know more after Monday.

USNFDX said:
None....It goes way senior.
Stupid question I should have figured it goes to the senior guys. Those guys did look pretty young though for being FedEx captains. Must a got lucky or probably new somebody high up in management. Thanks again!!

There is a special way to get the 'van but you have to go through some rigourous tests. The union and the company have a special loa that allows them to put these special tests in place for the van. They pay the same as an arbus or whatever your senority number can hold.

My buddy flies the van. He says it's a heck of a lot better than the MD-11.

Thanks for the responses. I guess Im not the only one who is a little confused as to what the requirements are. Whatever the number is for LOR's, would you guys agree that it is not a HARD requirement like the 1000 hour turbine PIC?

foshiz

Diesel said:
There is a special way to get the 'van but you have to go through some rigourous tests. The union and the company have a special loa that allows them to put these special tests in place for the van. They pay the same as an arbus or whatever your senority number can hold.

My buddy flies the van. He says it's a heck of a lot better than the MD-11.

A lot more hand flying for sure and being pilots thats what we love. FLYING!! I am sure the reqs are steeper due to the proficiency required. Good luck to your friend and congrats for living the dream!!!

instructordude said:
A lot more hand flying for sure and being pilots thats what we love. FLYING!! I am sure the reqs are steeper due to the proficiency required. Good luck to your friend and congrats for living the dream!!!

Are you serious?

Latest resources

Back