FedEx rejection letter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Sluggo

Sorry to hear about your rejection but I think it's cool you're willing to open it up to discussion on this board with the likes of...well let's leave him un-named, shall we?

Was FedEx your first airline interview? Very few people succeed at their first interview.

I was rejected from both Alaska and Cathay Pacific.

Alaska was obvious (I did a really dumb thing in the sim).

Cathay was less obvious (and they never tell you), but over time, with lots of reflection back on the entire process I can pretty much narrow it down.

Ironically, as life always is, I'm digging my present gig more than I ever thought possible and when compared to where I would've been at either Alaska (still in the pool) or Cathay (an SO living in HKG) I'm just happy to say, Hang in there.

Who knows what's next?
Best.

Mar, you are a man with a lot of wisdom.

Great post!

English

Thanks for that. I appreciate ya.

I've got a few T-shirts, you know, and the thinning hair, dark circles and bags under the eyes to go with them.

Cheers.

Mar thanks for the great post! I always thinks its super funny to see which direction these posts go. About half get it right. The other half...Who knows. Thanks for the laugh! I needed it. Later guys

Just a little devils advocacy here...It may also be that you don't need to change anything and your interview was fine. It's just that there are lots of good applicants to choose from. It very easily could have boiled down to something you can't control or shouldn't try to change. With a different interviewer on a different day or with a different interview group you might have gotten the job. Don't give up on them though if you really want to work there. I'm not sure how FEDEX deals with it but I know lots of pilots that get hired at second interviews. Get your paperwork in and Good luck.

Fedex will interview you a second time.......Particulary if you are a son, or even better, a daughter of some real senior Capt or Management Guy!

FN FAL said:
No, but when I crawled off your mother this morning, she said you were.

That is funny. I wish the moderators would disappear the little Hem-a-Rhoid. I'm convinced he truly is a "Flamer".

Keep on plug'n

For what its worth!

I was turned down by Fedex back in the late 90's. I also thought I did a great job. The sim went great, the interview went well-I thought, and the testing-well like you who knows? I received the letter the last day. Not a great sight seeing the truck pull up to the house and you know whats coming. I had two people that gave me great recommendations. Like you I wish I knew what went wrong, but that will never happen. If you really want to get on with Fedex, try again!

I was told that they will interview people that have been turned down, dont give up the dream. Eventually, I thought I found the ultimate flying job, but later found out that it turned into a nightmare. I'm back at my old job, took the recall and am happy with how things have turned out.

Something will come along, keep networking, and if Fedex is the place you want to be........dont give up!

my 2 cents

Good Luck..........we all need it in this crazy industry!!!!!!!!!!

Sluggo,

I've also got one of those Fedex rejection letters buried in my files somewhere. It's tough to stomach rejection at any airline after you've put so much effort into preparing for the interview, but things usually have a way of working out in the long run.

After being turned down at FDX I was hired at SWA but had to wait over 18 months in the SWA pool; at the time it seemed like I was never going to fly again. I'm now starting my third year at SWA and all those applications and interviews seem like ancient history. Things have definitely worked out for me and I'm sure they eventually will for you too.

Keep those applications and updates coming until you end up where you want to be- when you start class at your dream job (wherever it may be) it will just be that much sweeter as you look back at all you had to go through to get there.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back