FedEx Poolie Calls, Third Thread...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got the call yesterday! (20JUL)

KD offered MD-11 F/O (ANC) starting AUG 14. I was honestly surprised by the offer, thinking they had filled the MD slots and were targeting the 727 vacancies. I had the option to stay in the pool and wait for a MEM 727 slot. It was clear that these offers were going to be made on a "FIFO" basis.

Here are my stats:
M+G -- 15AUG05
INTV -- 6/7FEB06
LETR -- 20MAR06

Great to be here, and looking forward to seeing you all in MEM!

-- A'che

BTW, my post with the stats for the 6/7FEB interview group were incorrect. To the best of my knowledge, as of today, the correct numbers are three dates and three in the pool.

A'che said:
Got the call yesterday! (20JUL)

KD offered MD-11 F/O (ANC) starting AUG 14. I was honestly surprised by the offer, thinking they had filled the MD slots and were targeting the 727 vacancies. I had the option to stay in the pool and wait for a MEM 727 slot. It was clear that these offers were going to be made on a "FIFO" basis.

Here are my stats:
M+G -- 15AUG05
INTV -- 6/7FEB06
LETR -- 20MAR06

Great to be here, and looking forward to seeing you all in MEM!

-- A'che

BTW, my post with the stats for the 6/7FEB interview group were incorrect. To the best of my knowledge, as of today, the correct numbers are three dates and three in the pool.

Did you take ANC or MEM?

BTW, congrats!

A'che said:
Thanks.

Talked it over with my wife and chose Anchorage.

-- A'che

I think that's the smart move. You can always bid back to MEM later, but you can't ever get that seniority back. Good luck in training and welcome aboard.

Man, I am so sick of hearing about companies that use your SSN to determine your class seniority. That just isn't fair to guys like me with a high SSN. We get screwed at half the companies we work for. Why can't they all just make it random, like drawing numbers from a hat or something? At least that would be completely unbiased.

Daytonaflyer said:
Man, I am so sick of hearing about companies that use your SSN to determine your class seniority. That just isn't fair to guys like me with a high SSN. We get screwed at half the companies we work for. Why can't they all just make it random, like drawing numbers from a hat or something? At least that would be completely unbiased.

How is drawing a random number from a hat any different from getting a random number as your SSN on the day you were born?

Daytonaflyer said:

That is supposed to be an unbiased way to do it (SSN). I think it is a random way to do it.

Some airlines determine seniority by age of the new hires. Then the youngest would get screwed. If you draw numbers out of a hat, then the highest number would get screwed. No matter which way you do it, someone gets screwed (i.e. the last guy). You can pick whichever way you like, and someone will be unhappy. :crying: Someone has to be the most junior.

In these latest classes, there are only about 10 people, so you're not that far behind anyway.

Daytonaflyer said:
@ FedEx it's based on the last 4 of your SSAN. .....and higher is better. So it can work both ways. It's as fair as it gets.

Malter1 said:
Cujo,
I'm assuming you mean for MD-11 class? If it's for the 72, there are going to be a whole lot of pissed off January dudes!

Sorry I missed that important fact...Yes, your assumption was correct,
14 Aug class

Cheers!

Wow, a higher SSN is better? That's a first I've heard of that. I guess that would be good for me.
I still think a random drawing is the most fair. That way everybody has an equal chance of the best seniority number regardless of age, TT, SSN, etc. I don't think anybody could successfully argue that is unfair.

Latest resources

Back