FedEx orders 15 new 777s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JFReservist

Looks like they are exercising the option for 15 777s.
Any guess as to when the previously ordered 7s come on line?

Hopefully some good news...

New Order

Aviation Week had an article about this. Something along the lines of FedEx was telling Boeing that it "was still interested" in the 777s and "don't take us off the list" for the 777

The way I read the article (I can't find it laying around right this second) didn't give me any reason to believe that all the bad economic news at FedEx suddenly went away

You guys are unbelievable.

There were 15 orders and 15 options. There are now 30 orders. That's it.

There's no frigging carrot either. 777 pay = widebody pay. MD-11 pay = widebody pay. Airbus pay = widebody pay. I'd rather see more 11's and 300's. That means more pilots.

Why does everything on this frigging board get twisted?

PIPE

There's no frigging carrot either. 777 pay = widebody pay. MD-11 pay = widebody pay. Airbus pay = widebody pay. I'd rather see more 11's and 300's. That means more pilots.

PIPE

How does adding more 11 and 300 add more pilots and the 777 doesn't or are you saying you have to wait for the 777 and not for the 11 or 300?

PIPE

Woha! Easy there. Nothing twisted here. But past experience says when mgmt has an opportunity, they will take it. More airplanes = more growth as long as you are willing to give something up in order to get it.

PIPE

Easy Bradda! The way the article reads, it seems there are 30 orders with more options... who's trying to twist anything?!? Don't the 7s require pilots when they arrive?

Sorry bout the higher math. If it takes two 300's to carry the same freight as one 777, that would mean more pilots with the 300's.

If the 11 needs two long legs (with RFO's) and two full crews, that would mean more pilots with the 11.

All of this, of course, assumes the same amount of freight.

Sooo, if one 777 can do the flying of say, 1.2 MD-11's, that would equal fewer pilots.

I'm just sayin.

Now, all that being said, I still think getting 777's is good. It just isn't happening in a vacuum.

PIPE

Latest resources

Back