• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEX or UPS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't understand your argument on the sheer size of UPS capitalization. United used to have 12000 pilots.....what did that do for them?

Echopapa, your statement is 87% correct. Why throw around numbers you don't really know?

sometimes a little of both. ie. DH to Laredo........fly each night LRD to SAT then AFW sort goes down AFW to SHV turn to MSY layover.

Hey EXMARINE

Not sure I understand you. Lack of respect for who/what? What are you talking about? I'm just making a simple statement of fact. Enjoy your new career with whoever you choose. After all, you've paid your dues (and then some)!

HerkyPlt said:
Hey EXMARINE

Not sure I understand you. Lack of respect for who/what? What are you talking about? I'm just making a simple statement of fact. Enjoy your new career with whoever you choose. After all, you've paid your dues (and then some)!

Sounds like sour grapes to me!:rolleyes:

Rhoid said:
I'm sure most other UPS pilots would NOT say that they can't spend all they make now. That must be a popular view with the IPA (NOT). Since your pay is all the same, you must be the type that wants to fly a 400 so he can brag to his buddies at the local GA airport that you are a big, bad 747-400 captain. Heck, if I were there I'd be all over the 727 myself, same pay, less work!

Well Sir as for the GA flying that's not for me. Haven't flown a small airplane since I was hired 15 years ago. If and when you ever have the opportunity to fly something larger than a light twin you will appreciate the feeling of being behind an airplane like the 747-400. As you know we are buying the A380's. If I want to brag around the mess hall I guess I could be one of the first to fly the world's largest airliner. Back to your comment about the 727. If you were hired right now and placed on the bottom of 727 seniority list I will guarantee you that you would wish you were flying something else. Very few flying lines.
Take care,
CW

skykid said:
Echopapa, your statement is 87% correct. Why throw around numbers you don't really know?

You won't even take the time to enlighen us all?

In my defense...87% is above average (b+)....and if we grade on a curve, for this board, I would give myself an A-.

maybe we've reached the time.

HerkyPlt said:
Hey EXMARINE
Just wondering how one "pays their dues and then some" with 4000+ hours? Pretty gutsy statement considering theres people with 2-3 times the amount of hours you got on the street. About the only redeaming part of your post is that you'll leave a job open for someone who really wants it. Just my opinion

Maybe we've reached the time where paying your dues means also getting your ass shot at! You appear to have mil time so I'm surprised you've got so much contempt for a fighter guy. As you know, 4000 hours of fighter time is hard earned time. And is arguably much harder achieved time than twin time or even heavy time. Know your audience. Show a little respect especially since you've got a mil background. We are all on the same team. Just some have fought more for that team than others.

And know who's been protecting your a$$.

TH.

Let's get this thread back on track. Given the choice, you should go with FredEx. That means you'll be another juniority number below me, which is good. After all, in this business, it's all about me. Period.

As far as those who would question whether or not EXMARINE paid his/her dues, give it a rest. Do yourself a favor and start another thread entitled, "Angry civilian pilots who don't understand what it means to fly combat," or, "Sour ex-mil guys who p!ssed off enough people to not get on with a major."

BTW there are a GAZILLION threads with one (or both) of those sentiments embedded in them already. I'm sure if you read them you'll be sufficiently "REDEAMED"...

Echopapa said:
You won't even take the time to enlighen us all?

In my defense...87% is above average (b+)....and if we grade on a curve, for this board, I would give myself an A-.
Now THAT's funny. . .

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back