FedEx Mins?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Squirrely

I am very interested in working for FedEx, I have a question regarding the minumum required flight time. The published mins are:
"1500 hours total fixed-wing time as pilot-in command (PIC) or first officer (SIC) including a minimum 1000 hours PIC in fixed-wing jet, fixed wing multi-engine turbo-prop, or multi-engine recip over 20,000 LBGW or combination thereof."

Do they require the 1500 hours total fixed wing time to be "fixed-wing jet, fixed-wing multi-engine turbo-prop, or multi-engine recip over 20,000 LBGW", or do those category of aircraft only apply to the PIC time? I am approaching the minimums and want to know if I can include approx 130 hours of T-34C (single enigne turbo prop) into the total fixed wing to meet the 1500 required.

Also, since the T-34 and T-37 do not require two pilots (hence no SIC time available), does only the time I logged as PIC count towards the 1,500?

Thanks for the input,
Squirrely

Squirrely,

The way I understand it the 1500 hours can be ANY fixed-wing PIC or SIC. 1000 hours of that total MUST be PIC in a fixed-wing jet, fixed-wing multi-engine turboprop or multi recip over 20K LBGW, or combination of these 3 categories. But to be quite honest, I didn't dig too deep since I had > 1500 jet PIC. There may be some guys out there who are on the borderline and have actually gnat's a$$ed it. I'll see what I can find out.

As for the T-34, however, was it in flight training? Technically I don't think you can call solo time in the T-34 during flight training PIC because you were not "typed" in the aircraft, nor did you have your wings. I know that you signed for the aircraft, but I don't know if it "technically" counts. If you had a prior commercial SEL license, you may be able to get away with it, but again, I never researched that deep. I went on the conservative side and didn't count ANY PIC time until after wings.

I have probably only muddied the waters, but I'll let you know if I find out any info. Any helo/low-timers out there who can help out our buddy squirrely?

Latest resources

Back