• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx May Cut Jobs, Add Fewer Stores and Park Planes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unless of course we're talking about SWA, then it's feel free to pile on, right Pipe? :laugh:

FedEx actually charges a premium for a superior product -- neither concept is part of the WN business plan. When FedEx starts coming into places with predatory pricing and destroying other companies you'll have a point. Until then you don't.

PIPE

Wow

FedEx actually charges a premium for a superior product -- neither concept is part of the WN business plan. When FedEx starts coming into places with predatory pricing and destroying other companies you'll have a point. Until then you don't.

PIPE
The man has a point.

I love how you twisted the opinion of one analyst to make the thread look like doomsday at FedEx. It never ceases to amaze me that there are so many that don't want to see others do well -- or even o.k.

It is obvious from the way you titled the thread that you derive some warped glee from this guy's opinion.

PIPE

Sorry it hurt your little feelings. I used the title from the original article almost word from word as reported on Air Transport World smart brief, a daily aviation publication. I thought it was newsworthy and surprised to hear the cargo industry isnt as immune from the downturn as some originally thought. Maybe you should just close your eyes, plug your ears and yell lalalalalalalalalalala for ten minutes. It might make you feel better.

Btw, I didnt add one word of commentary until now, you perceived what you wanted or didnt want to and tried to blame me for the bad news.

Sorry it hurt your little feelings. I used the title from the original article almost word from word as reported on Air Transport World smart brief, a daily aviation publication. I thought it was newsworthy and surprised to hear the cargo industry isnt as immune from the downturn as some originally thought. Maybe you should just close your eyes, plug your ears and yell lalalalalalalalalalala for ten minutes. It might make you feel better.

Btw, I didnt add one word of commentary until now, you perceived what you wanted or didnt want to and tried to blame me for the bad news.

That is surprising. When people have less and spend less -- there's less stuff to ship. Who knew?

PIPE

Funny guy. What is even funnier is all the cargo trolls rolling around on these boards the past few years since 911 convincing all the pax haulers you got it made....you and UPS are insulated from what the pax guys gotta deal with because "hey no matter what people will just keep sending boxes". I'll admit, I started to buy in to this argument to some degree. It looks like we were both wrong. Having said that, barring some unforseen circumstance I beleive box haulers will be just fine in the end. Your increased number of FE's who were over 60 combined with the age 65 legislation and parking 3 man airplanes has hurt you worse in the short term than some pax carriers purely from a pilot standpoint.

These are the times I wish I owned an alcohol distribution company, or maybe a few fields down in Colombia.

Having spent several years at a legacy carrier and wishing now I had gotten furloughed 4 years earlier (like the day I got hired) I can't tell you how glad I am to be weathering this downturn at FedEx instead of somewhere else. Mgt is proactive with cost saving ideas, and FedEx is still making money! I count myself as very fortunate.

Having spent several years at a legacy carrier and wishing now I had gotten furloughed 4 years earlier (like the day I got hired) I can't tell you how glad I am to be weathering this downturn at FedEx instead of somewhere else. Mgt is proactive with cost saving ideas, and FedEx is still making money! I count myself as very fortunate.

Yeah I have no doubt Fedex will be around for the long term especially with Fred behing the scenes. One of your freight brothers ("Networ-King", a former Delta guy) who likes to rail on his former Delta peeps from time to time doesnt seem to be very happy at UPS lately. http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=119376 Given time I'm sure both Fedex and UPS will be good pilot wise once we all start losing the age 65 guys in a few years. At least you dont have to worry about going out of business in the iterim.

So are we talking more pilots out on the street? And the hits just keep on coming. Thanks Bush and all you red necks who supported him.
Just because you disagree with someone politically does not mean you should resort to name calling. Remember what your boy Obama said,"we can disagree without being disagreeable".

Latest resources

Back