FedEx Lifestyle, NOT Sugarcoated!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Realyman

I am seriously considering working for FDX. How is it after the novelty goes away and you realize this will be it for the next 20-30 years?

Thanks

Realyman said:
I am seriously considering working for FDX. How is it after the novelty goes away and you realize this will be it for the next 20-30 years?

Thanks

I am SERIOUSLY thinking about getting on that Forbes billionaire list. Anyone know anything about that. What happens when the novelty goes away? Realyman....get a clue. What, is ASA not all that it was cracked up to be for you?

Serious replies only.

Get real? What are you talking about. Unlike you I want to know the real scoop about a place before I apply there, not just apply because it is a major or a "cool place with heavy planes".

ASA is good, but I am always interested in somewhere that might be an improvement on QOL, especially job security. I will always want a flying job on the side.

I will have to give up a fair amount in order to jump to FDX or someplace like it. I want to make sure I am making an educated decision before I spend $50 on a place I have no intention on working.

Thanks, but unless you have an answer to my first question, please don't reply.

...the guy merely made a sincere request for advice...if you're not in a position to help him...

Ted Striker said:
I am SERIOUSLY thinking about getting on that Forbes billionaire list. Anyone know anything about that. What happens when the novelty goes away? Realyman....get a clue. What, is ASA not all that it was cracked up to be for you?
Believe it or not, some guys will want to know about a work environment before they make a decision to work there. Some pilots will think to themselves...".I might want to work at FedEx, I wonder where I can get some info about the lifestyle". Then they will apply to FedEx and get hired...

Imagine that, pilots wanting to know about a company before they apply. The "just be glad you have a job" crowd is as bad and hurtful to this profession (soon to be a hobby) as the "if you don't like it leave" crowd.

NYR

To Reallyman, I would suggest PM'ing TonyC. He may be able to give you a good idea. No need for the info here since some will ridicule you for asking a good question.

Ted Striker said:

This is one of, if not the most, stupid and immature responses I have seen on this board. I guess Ted Striker was never taught that it is sometimes better to remain quiet and let others think you are an idiot than to speak and remove all doubt.

What, is ASA not all that it was cracked up to be for you?
Don't get me started.

As for FDX - I'll get the ball rolling.

Excellent equipment, good training, great hotels and destinations. A fair amount of time off. Mucho dinero.

But... it's back side of the clock. And I don't mean a little. I mean dutying in at 1:30 am five nights in a row (or more...). Yeah yeah yeah there's day flying too. But I haven't seen it yet.

Believe it or not, what hurts me the most is the 24 hour layovers. Do about 4 of those in a row, and you'll be sleeping about 3 hours in a row max - no matter what time you try. Works out to a night shift, a day shift, a night shift and a day. I've taken 3 days to get over feeling like s%$t after a week like that.

ASA rode you hard and put you up wet, though. I've done my share of naps and 5:15am vans. Hard to say what hurt worse.

The bottom line: 25 % of FDX pilots will medical out before 60. Don't know what the pax airline number is.

I consider exercise to be about 50% of having a job here. I'm getting into shape, and it ain't because I enjoy it!

PM'ing falconjet and Albief15 might also work, in addition to PM'ing TonyC.

Sorry Huck, we must have posted at the same time.

Last edited:
jetstream said:
This is one of, if not the most, stupid and immature responses I have seen on this board. I guess Ted Striker was never taught that it is sometimes better to remain quiet and let others think you are an idiot than to speak and remove all doubt.

Let me explain...this is the same guy that has been spouting off on a thread about ASA strike preparedness. Here is one of his better quotes from that thread...

"Go ahead and strike..I'll be a 700 captain then..."

You guys enjoy him at FedEx.

And another one of his posts...

I don't know why he is seeking gouge anyhow....here's his philosophy:

Realyman said:
That is one reason that I NEVER do any prep for interviews. I figure go there and be myself...if they don't like it too bad..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back