• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Fedex job transfer

DC8CRIVER

Total Time
Is there any recent information on getting an interview for a pilot position with the Fedex Flight Department (after they restart hiring) while employed at another Fedex job?
Is the minimum time requirement in another position still 6 months?
Can you qualify if you have a "part time" job with Fedex?
Do they have a preference or requirement that the job be with Fedex Express or could you have a position with Fedex Ground, or Freight, or even Fedex Kinko's?
And last, is a two year aviation degree a no-go/deal breaker?

I'm an about to be out of work 13 year DC-8 FO at DHL/Astar with the usual ratings and hours expected from that job and I'm looking at a part time job loading trucks for Fedex Ground while flying out the last few months of my DHL career.

Thanks

PURPLEHAZE21

Total Time
69+
Goto the Fedex website and signup for an online profile. It will list all the minimum requirements there looking for. I also believe there "hard fast". If in doubt, call the hiring department, they should have some free time seeing we are not hiring for awhile. Good Luck....

jmreii

Total Time
Is there any recent information on getting an interview for a pilot position with the Fedex Flight Department (after they restart hiring) while employed at another Fedex job?
Is the minimum time requirement in another position still 6 months?
Can you qualify if you have a "part time" job with Fedex?
Do they have a preference or requirement that the job be with Fedex Express or could you have a position with Fedex Ground, or Freight, or even Fedex Kinko's?
And last, is a two year aviation degree a no-go/deal breaker?

I'm an about to be out of work 13 year DC-8 FO at DHL/Astar with the usual ratings and hours expected from that job and I'm looking at a part time job loading trucks for Fedex Ground while flying out the last few months of my DHL career.

Thanks

Purplehaze is right, you need to go to the website and see what is going on. My own personal experience was, so far has been commuter, fredex feeder (made a whole lot of connections- pilot and management), left the feeder to build jet time both right and left seat, came back to fredex to work as a manager, flying part time to keep current as I watch the economy slow to just above a stall and continue to wait, fight, and see what happens. I do believe the whole time I was at the feeder, fredex wanted a bachelor's degree for the Fedex mainline. Good luck.

Whoever said pimping ain't easy, have never lied.