• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How did it go?

JL: "Mister Albie, please have a seat at the table."

Albie: "Uh, yes sir....which chair would you like me to sit at?"

JL: "Uh, that would be the only one without the glass of water in front of it."

Chorus: "doh..."

I can say three things pretty confidently:

a) (partially) because of Albie I have three job offers during one of the hardest times to get a flying job

b) The fedex interview hasn't changed in years ...and likely won't soon... and certainly won't because of Albie "showing" mgt some gouge sites.

c) I think I know why TWA went out of business.

Fight the power, Albie....Fight the power.....

Albie,

Maybe you should have invited JL down to one of your seminars. . .

I actually DID invite him. He lives in ORF, and I have a Newport News workshop this weekend.

I don't think he'll be there, but can you imagine the terror on the faces of a few clients trying to stutter through their delivery with him in the audience? Or the dreaded "how to I tell about the accident/DUI/alcohol arrest etc etc?"

Actually, if he does show up, I'll be thrilled to have him in the academic blocks. However--I won't grill clients in front of him--that would just be mean. It'd be a funny story later--but it would still be mean...

xtwapilot said:
Evidently there was a concern by the chief regarding the interview process, and I seriously doubt any chief is bright enough to spend his time googling for gouge websites. BTW there were several airlines that changed their process over gouge in the late 90's. So the threat of the process change is real. I stand by my post. The 2 sites I have knowledge of have helped me and many of my fellow pilots. I have no problem with someone starting a business but don't point the management types to websites that truely help pilots without any associated cost.
BTW jethro, I have never applied to Fedex and don't have any intentions of doing so. The Fedex's and UPS's for today are the United's and AA's of tomorrow. Besides if Fedex hired you, they really do look for dumba$$es

Let's see:

Jack Lewis, FedEx CP, not bright enough to do a google search...
Albie, a BF...
Jethro, a dumba$$...
FedEx and UPS, going down the tubes...

Wow, for someone with only 3 posts on this board you sure have a lot of information and insight. Too bad you haven't been around to give us more of your wisdom on topics such as JB and SW. I guess it must be vacation time at the local Burger King. Anyway, welcome aboard! Please try and pass some more of your wisdom before you have to get back to the grill there Kippie!

xtwapilot,

Pull the C-130 out of your experience. Your embarrassing the rest of the
Herc community.

Past....

I actually flew with a captain who went to the green table (it was a tailstrike), got the mike hung around the neck, the dictation machine, everything. He ended up going all the way to an FAA ride - the one where if you fail, you lose all your tickets. He survived the experience, but it was a scary story.

Last edited:
So Albie,
JL is coming to your seminar in Newport News? What were those dates again? Hhhhhmmm, all of a sudden, I'm available...

AlbieF15 said:
I actually DID invite him. He lives in ORF, and I have a Newport News workshop this weekend.

I don't think he'll be there, but can you imagine the terror on the faces of a few clients trying to stutter through their delivery with him in the audience? Or the dreaded "how to I tell about the accident/DUI/alcohol arrest etc etc?"

Actually, if he does show up, I'll be thrilled to have him in the academic blocks. However--I won't grill clients in front of him--that would just be mean. It'd be a funny story later--but it would still be mean...
Unless you put a few "ringers" in the crowd. . . make up some "Jerry Springer" aviation life stories for them . . .

recommendation

Hey XTWAPILOT.... In case you change your mind about FedEx or UPS. Why don't you PM people with your real name and numbers. Some might want to give you a recommendation for employment. I know based on what I've seen.....I've got all I need to know.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back