FedEx Info Please...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8er23

I cannot seem to find anything online about FedEx's flight department. I would like to know the mins and hiring process. Please shine some light if you can. thanks

Info

About 2 - 3 years ago Pro Pilot did an article about the flight department. Basically, the requirements for the Corporate Flight Department is the same as the other side of the house. 1000 PIC Turbine, etc. The reason being is that if after 3 years of service (or was it two??), the pilot could transfer over to flying the line.

Somewhere in some box I have a copy of the article. PM if you would like me to find it (may take a while) and send it to you.

av8er23 said:
Thank you... that tells me a little information about the company. Do you have a link that tells me more about the mins?

The WWW is a beautiful thing! You can just about find anything, are you too lazy, too busy, or looking for the easy way out? Just wondering?

From the FedEx website- https://www.pilotcredentials.com/careers/index.php?a=qualifications

Pilot Careers
Qualifications

Typical qualifications for consideration as a FedEx pilot.

• Commercial Pilot Certificate with Multi-engine and Instrument rating (without limitations)
  • Current ATP Certificate or written
  • Current FE Turbojet Rating or written (FEX or Basic/turbojet)
  • Must pass FAA mandated drug screen
  • Recency and type of experience is considered
  • Meet requirements for and currently hold First Class Medical certification
  • College Degree from an accredited college or university
  • Eligibility for rapid visa issuance, issued by offices in the United States to fly to any FedEx destination.
  • Ability to obtain clearance from United States Postal Service for handling or access to U.S. mail, which includes FBI fingerprint check, and candidate must have resided in the United States for the last five consecutive years (except for U.S. military assignments)
  • Eligibility for issuance of US Security Clearance
  • 1500 hours total fixed-wing time as pilot-in command (PIC) or first officer (SIC) including a minimum 1000 hours PIC in fixed-wing jet, fixed wing multi-engine turbo-prop, or combination thereof.
    Note: PIC for this purpose is defined as Captain/Aircraft Commander of record, not simply the sole manipulator of the controls.
    Note: FedEx considers only pilot time in fixed wing aircraft toward minimum qualifications. This does not include simulator, helicopter, flight engineer, bombardier, navigator, RIO, EWO, WSO, NFO, or Special Crew.
  • All certificates and ratings required to be U.S.A. FAA issued

OUT said:
Do they have a flow thru from coportate to the airline?

So is it easier to get on the the corporate flight department flying VP's around? I see they require a BS Degree. Is there any negotiating that? I am currently working toward BS and am a Junior. Funds are really tight so school is very difficult to pay for. Also are they still hardcore about the FE thing. I know that they oper
PHP:
ate lots of 727.

Well the way out puts it....there is a flow thou from corporate to the airline. Maybe I totally mis understood him. I figured it was harder to get the corporate biz job with fedex.

Hey guys, I put my three years in there. Min's are basically the same as the freight side and yes you must have a degree. It's a GREAT job while it lasted, but corporate couldn't match the $$ that the cargo side offers. You must also have an executive recommend you for the job or be a part of the good ole boys network there. If you know what I mean!

Latest resources

Back