• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Goose17

News
FedEx Corp. Reports Higher First Quarter Net Income

MEMPHIS, Tenn., September 20, 2007 ... FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) today reported earnings of $1.58 per diluted share for the first quarter ended August 31, compared to $1.53 per diluted share a year ago.
“FedEx increased its revenue and earnings against the backdrop of a sluggish U.S. economy,” said Frederick W. Smith, FedEx Corp. chairman, president and chief executive officer. “Outside of the United States, the economy is generally solid, contributing to the growth in our international express shipments. I continue to believe that FedEx will, over the long-term, reap the rewards of our strategy of investing in key growth markets and strengthening and expanding our worldwide networks.”
First Quarter Results
FedEx Corp. reported the following consolidated results for the first quarter:
  • <LI class=bwlistitemmarginbottom>Revenue of $9.20 billion, up 8% from $8.55 billion the previous year
  • Operating income of $814 million, up 4% from $784 million a year ago
  • Operating margin of 8.8%, down from 9.2% the previous year
  • Net income of $494 million, up 4% from last year’s $475 million
While operating margin improved in the FedEx Express and FedEx Ground segments, consolidated margin declined due to a lower margin year over year at FedEx Freight and to network investments to increase capacity, improve service quality and increase productivity.
Total combined average daily package volume in the FedEx Express and FedEx Ground segments grew 8% year over year for the quarter, due to growth in ground and international express shipments. The increase in international domestic express shipments resulted primarily from recent international acquisitions.

Why is this posted, or is it just information only? Oh, you must be the proud contributor to the profit.. Nice job man, here's a pat on the back for ya!

Why is this posted, or is it just information only? Oh, you must be the proud contributor to the profit.. Nice job man, here's a pat on the back for ya!

Porch you're acting like an idiot

If you are going to talk about how to get good contracts, work rules, etc you have to know a bit of background. Airline financials are a vital part of the discussions on this board.

I know Goose. He doesn't need a pat from anyone. He's a Texan living a good life--but wants to help others when he can.

Thanks Albie

I was merely trying to pass information along to potential applicants. I am not trying to start a "my airline is better than your airline" argument.

Goose17 from TX

"There's no money in freight." According to the CEO of my last people flying job.

Much better hauling containers.

Last edited:
I was merely trying to pass information along to potential applicants. I am not trying to start a "my airline is better than your airline" argument.

Goose17 from TX

Speaking of potential applicants, when is the online application window going to re-open? For months it has been "not accepting new profiles at this time" and has now been "down for maintenance" for a while.

Last edited:
I have heard nothing...

Who knows when the window will open, but I would guess sometime this next year. We are opening 2 new over seas domiciles, but we have a bunch of over 60 dudes parking in the two engineer seats waiting for the rule to change. Right now we are not short on guys cuz it seems no one is retiring.

And, I do live in Texas.

Goose17

Latest resources

Back