• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Fedex hub move

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We got hubs at, let's see, MEM, IND, Newark, Alliance TX, Oakland, Anchorage, Subic ... what'd I miss? MIA? LAX? The one at Greensboro is being built, as well as one in China. Oh yeah Paris has one.

The company uses one against the other depending on weather and loads. Some hubs are at or above capacity (MEM), while some could certainly grow easily. Alliance is the best facility in the system and has the least traffic. It's scary to see a huge new ramp with four or five 727's sitting on it.

MEM works because, well, you just gotta go there. There's a slice of humanity there that's not real prevalent elsewhere - willing to get up in the middle of the night and do nasty, brutish work for four or five years until they go to college, or get a better job, or burn out, or whatever. Indy, on the other hand, is clean, crisp, organized like a military base. Those Indiana chicks out there in the summer sun pushing the freight around - some of them are HOT - oh well I digress.....

I think people often get the terms hub (sort facility) and domicile (where pilots start trips) confused. I thought GSO was going to be a domicile, but that's unlikely. I even asked about it at my interview, luckily they didn't hold my stupidity against me. It's going to be a hub, when it gets built. I think people hear the word hub and assume A) Domicile or B) Super hub as in MEM and MEM must be going away. I've also heard the word domicile used in relationship to a China hub. Can't imagine the pain that would involve.

I don't know what we're going to do with SDF when we buy UPS, though.

Get a life Dave Siegel

Posted by Dave Siegel...
If I had to fly with this guy, I'd seriously consider talking to the packages. There are three things for certain in life; death, taxes, and Mr. Zog's huge ego.

Sitting a little too close to the monitor Mr Siegel?

a little thing called sarcasm in Mr. Zog's post...ever heard of it? I have flown with him many, many times...one of the very best. Couldn't have a smaller ego or a better outlook on life.

h.

Huck said:
Those Indiana chicks out there in the summer sun pushing the freight around - some of them are HOT - oh well I digress.....

I have to say, that's the first time I've EVER heard of anyone referring to those "hot" Indiana chicks. :D

Last Dance With Mary Jane
-Tom Petty

She grew up in a Indiana town,
Had a good lookin' mama who never was around.
But she grew up tall and she grew up right
With them Indiana boys on an Indiana night.

Well she moved down here at the age of eighteen,
She blew the boys away; was more than they'd seen.
I was introduced and we both started groovin'
She said, "I dig you, baby, but I got to keep movin' - on.
Keep movin' on."

Keep your night job. . .

Indiana Hoosiers...

They are the the mascot of Indiana University.......its the state motto, but nobody there seems to know what the heck a Hoosier is?!??!!! :D

Anyone? Anyone???........

AZaviator said:
Indiana Hoosiers...

They are the the mascot of Indiana University.......its the state motto, but nobody there seems to know what the heck a Hoosier is?!??!!! :D

Anyone? Anyone???........

Its actually a question, isn't it, like whose your ma? Whose your pa?

At least thats what we say in Illinois.

HoursHore said:
Its actually a question, isn't it, like whose your ma? Whose your pa?

At least thats what we say in Illinois.

I think you're right. That's what I've heard. So, my next question is, how can a question be a school's mascott???

Sorry, I'm just bored!

THE FEDEX HUB IN INDY IS REALLY BIG. There...now hopefully this forum will take a 180 back to the original subject. :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back