• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FL420

Blues vs. Birds-Tailhook
FedEx Pilots 1/19/2006
We employ more than 4,500 of the most skilled pilots in the world, and provide them with the best technology and equipment, ensuring that they can always do their job safely. Our fleet of over 380 jets are equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation, and, because we are constantly adding routes and services, our pilots have more frequent opportunities for seat progression. We offer our pilots something others can't: stability and a history of reliable growth.

FedEx plans on hiring 44 pilots in January and 300 - 350 in 2006.

Qualifications
* Commercial Pilot Certificate with Multi-engine and Instrument rating (without limitations)
* Current ATP Certificate or written
* Current FE Turbojet Rating or written (FEX or Basic/turbojet)
* Must pass FAA mandated drug screen
* Recency and type of experience is considered
* Meet requirements for and currently hold First Class Medical certification
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university
* Eligibility for rapid visa issuance, issued by offices in the United States to fly to any FedEx destination.
* Ability to obtain clearance from United States Postal Service for handling or access to U.S. mail, which includes FBI fingerprint check, and candidate must have resided in the United States for the last five consecutive years (except for U.S. military assignments)
* Eligibility for issuance of US Security Clearance
* 1500 hours total fixed-wing time as pilot-in command (PIC) or first officer (SIC) including a minimum 1000 hours PIC in fixed-wing jet, fixed wing multi-engine turbo-prop, or combination thereof.
Note: PIC for this purpose is defined as Captain/Aircraft Commander of record, not simply the sole manipulator of the controls.
Note: FedEx considers only pilot time in fixed wing aircraft toward minimum qualifications. This does not include simulator, helicopter, flight engineer, bombardier, navigator, RIO, EWO, WSO, NFO, or Special Crew.
All certificates and ratings required to be U.S.A. FAA issued

Apply Online

Oh I found a mistake. They forgot to mention that you need to know at least a dozen pilots that already work there.

Stealthh21 said:
Oh I found a mistake. They forgot to mention that you need to know at least a dozen pilots that already work there.

wonder why they are advertising "in public" for pilots when supposedly they have 10,000 resumes on file, of which 5000 have internal recs

???

satpak77 said:
wonder why they are advertising "in public" for pilots when supposedly they have 10,000 resumes on file, of which 5000 have internal recs

???

Very good point. Kinda gives people false hopes. Oh well.

satpak77 said:

???
Probably to satisfy the EEOC, which is why they left out "military experience strongly preferred"! Hope I'm wrong on the latter.

TheDogsBollocks said:
Probably to satisfy the EEOC, which is why they left out "military experience strongly preferred"! Hope I'm wrong on the latter.

:) But I hope you're right.

NutKase

Job? What Job?

I think the phrase "rated but not related" comes to mind!

Of course, they are not going to mention that little fact. Why, that's negative publicity.....:puke:

Yes, folks it's true and you would ALL be wasting your time and energies applying unless......you intimately know at least 2 folks there already who are willing to bat for you in a big way. Don't know anybody there, don't apply, simple as that!

Another, similar carrier, called their resume stacking exercise a "golden referral" program. I though they were talking about a breed of dog...:D

ATA73Pilot said:
Don't forget the memo last year that said furloughed airline types were also unwelcome.

Whatever "memo" you're talking about must have been more than a year ago. I'm furloughed UAL and there were 3 others plus an AA guy in my new hire class. 2 UAL were former military and the other 2 were pure civilian. Most new hire class seem to have at least 20-30% furloughed. BTW, 40% of my class was pure civilian.

Job? What job?

Ata boy Adler...funny how the wheat separates from the chaff. I've been at purple for 8 years. It took me over 3yrs to get hired once I jettison'd the Nav. I had more than the required number of rec's, 2 silver bullets, and it still took time and determination. Anyone who lets these negative posts stop them from applying is sealing their fate. The expansion plans at Fedex are enormous and you never know what can happen until you try.

Latest resources

Back