FedEx Hiring News ?!?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MaxFly

We got a message from the big cheese (Chief Pilot)regarding hiring. It is a mixed message, but seems generally positive. I know that every bit of info helps when you're treading in the pool and the water is slowing crawling up over your nose....

"Several people noticed B727 second officer positions on the bid and are asking about hiring. These positions simply allow us to move quicker if and when we need to hire. There is currently no number or timetable on new hires. Obviously we will have to sooner or later....if a betting man, I'd bet slightly sooner than later. When we do hire and/or open the website for applications, I will send notice out so the pilot group is informed. There are about 65 pool applicants and I don't see huge hiring numbers coming, so it'll be a free-for-all for a few spots. No decision yet on furloughees from the big guys....when a definitive determination is made, I'll tell you that too."

So....take a big gulp of air of air and keep that scissor kick going. These guys tend to be conservative, they are talking about people coming on the property - I think it is a good sign.

Hope to see you in the Falcon Building soon.

Max

P.S. I went by the HR Department twice this week looking for a little rumor action for the mill, but they are keeping their cards pretty close. Would not commit.

What is the longest anyone ever had to paddle in the pool before getting called? A lot of us are creeping up on a year now. Has Fedex ever "dumped" the pool, or poolies?

I don't mind the wait, as long as there will be a light at the end of the tunnel. I haven't taken other jobs, since I did not want to leave right after I finished training, costing that company money, and some other guy (without a pool) a job.

Thank god for ANG, or I might forget which side to keep upright.

Elvis Lives!

the Mad Dog

MadDogPilot,

I have always been told and have seen first hand that Fed Ex has ALWAYS honored the pool. I don't know the longest duration of someone swimming, but as long as you don't go out and commit a felon, you are good to go.

Goose17

"What is the longest anyone ever had to paddle in the pool before getting called?"

I can't confirm "the longest," but a captain I flew with this week told me he was in the pool for over 2 years (obviously years ago).

This company seems almost obsessive with its newhires. Even though you haven't started yet, the corporate culture seems to be that once you make it through the meat grinder (interview), they really consider you part of the team. You could have an extended "swim" if you get activated or "stop-lossed," but like I said, they seem obsessive - they want YOU - they chose YOU. I don't get it, but I was glad they treated me that way and all the currently waterlogged poolies should be too.

You have a political action commitee with about 4280 people lobbying for your immediate hire. Sooner or later the call will come (and it is already later). You have heard it before: It's worth the wait.

True

Well with the new bid complete and the new mail contracts signed sealed and soon to be delivered the poolies should be getting a phone call from KD real soon. Rumor is that the school house is going to get cranked up real soon.

We lost quit a few guys to military call ups that went back anywhere from 1 to 5 years. The other big rumor is that we finally got confirmation on the Swiss Air MD-11's and should be taking delivery soon as well.

As bad as the economy has been I can't wait until it is back to where it was. Keep swimming poolies, the plug will be pulled soon enough and it will all be worth the wait!

Where did you hear that the new mail contract was a done deal? I havent heard anything official from anyone with the company. Did I miss something? All I have heard is rumors from other line pilots and posts on this website.

Latest resources

Back