Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
200 retirements?!?!?!

I'll drive the fire truck!!!

No idea if the rumor is true, but many do retire just prior to December each year. The strategy is to bid all your vacation in DEC and then not use it, so you get paid for that and the following year's vacation at once, which significantly raises your "high five".

Give us a break!

Now if you guys would interview some active 121 guys that are looking to get out of the pax business...there are some good ways to burn the bridge back to AMR.

Here's one:

Call in sick to start training at a new airline! When they call looking for you after a while say "I'm sorry, I forgot to quit!" A good way to supplement training pay! Hahahaha!

Unit

E-A-G-L-E-S...Eagles!!

Mr. Zog-
no choking by my Iggles this year...I already booked my trip to Jax!
see ya
Los1
PS- Who are you?

AMRCostunit,

The day may come you have a shot. However, I've worked with several guys and know a few more that QUIT FDX to return to other carriers (worst story...a 2000 return to UsAir).

This is another example of paying bills on costs you did not charge. You didn't quit, but your predecessors did. I know being "guilty by association" stinks but its a fact of life here right now.

What will change this? IMHO, it will take 2 factors. First, the available pool of guys from the regionals and military who are "untainted" with line numbers at other carriers will have to be exhausted. Second, a bunch of very influential ACPs, LCAs, or company types with close relatives or friends in your situation will have to lobby to make the change.

Nobody can predict the future of "fix" the past, but there is a lesson in this. I'm as much of a "take care of #1" guy as anyone, you have to know there is a "down the road" consequence for someone when you make some decisions. This is a classic example...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back