Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

upallnight

Fly Safe!
I understand there is a fedex interview guide or something to that effect floating around. Does anyone know where I can put my hands on one? Some interviewee from aviationinterviews.com mentioned it.

thanks

Jim

I offer interview coaching, not gouge... You don't need me for gouge...its already out there and available.

If the "gouge" you want is sample info on the written (computer) test or notes or trip reports from previous bros, go to aviation interviews.com and you'll find some of that there. There are also a lot of "hand me down" materials floating around in various squadrons and ready rooms with similar info.

The sim profile is also published on various web sites. There's no "magic" to it, however...its just a series of vertical S's followed by going and entering holding (which I pooched but still got hired...go figure).

Panel interview is in targeted format (i.e. "tell me about time" questions) and is straight forward. The Situation Based Interview is unique and challenging, but if you can effectively interact with others in a time compressed stressful situation with a hint of composure you should likewise do well.

As a FDX employee, I don't sell or provide any test materials. What I have offered in the past, however, is some guidance on ways to best prepare for the interview experience and lots of coaching on the panel and SBI interviews. I've done this training for line hopefuls (several poolies and a few of the last guys hired were clients) as well as some professional instructor candidates recently. Great results overall, but it would be more satisfying if former clients were on the line letting me buy them breakfast at the AOC instead of treading water in the pool.

It would be great to get some more business...but first FDX has to start hiring again! I'm hoping Spring gets things moving up in Memphis, but I am probably less optimistic than many on another big wave of hiring. I turned down a draft trip yesterday, but I'm sure it got filled eventually. If we make it through peak without hiring, I don't know how many more we will need to hire given A-we made it through THIS year and B-eventually (don't know when) we are going to replace some 3 man AC with 2 man cockpits. A rising economy and increasing volumes would spell some hiring, but again...only the insiders know the real numbers and I sure am not one of them...

Last edited:
So whats up with the web site? Does anyone know when we are going to be able to update apps again? Its been since Sept/Oct that we could last update. Before that I had updated my app. every month since June 2000.

Albie15 has a good product. I used him last year and was hired in July 2002.

He offers telephone coaching/counselling for your interview session and senario interview. He has a good supply of the "Tell me about a time when" type of questions and will take whatever time is necessary to hear your answers to these questions. He'll then help you to refine your answers to weed out info you may not want to offer up along with making your answers concise and straight forward.

Plus, he can help you with anything else you might have questions concerning anything in general about the FedEx interview process.

I would probably recommend waiting until FedEx is at least taking apps again or allowing updates. Just so you don't pay money for a product and end up not using it for six months to a year. But, when the time comes, it is well worth the cash.

Give him a shout in a Private Message and he'll give you the skinny on his services.

Happy Holidays,

Kav

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back