• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEX Feeder dorks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i had a fedex feeder caravan guy ask me why i didnt make the coffe in SHV last week. He went on on how i have been slacking 2 days in a row with the coffee. He was being a comlete jack knob. I then tell im i dont work at the fbo and that im a falcon captain. he says we used to fly falcons. i say "really, what company is this?"his response "fedex" i say thats rich, when did fedex get caravans? toolbag

They hide the coffee machine in the back where their rampers go, and they have a sink..........assuming you are talkin TACAirrrrrrrrrrr. How about that redhead?

assuming you are talkin TACAirrrrrrrrrrr. How about that redhead?

I totally agree. There's just something about her that's really beautiful.
She's really helpful too. One time I asked her if she had an old water bottle or something I could use to put oil in the engine.
She looked down at her completely full water bottle, opened it, and chugged the whole thing just to give me the bottle. Now that's service for ya!
Later I wrote her a compliment on Tac Air's website thanking her.

Fedex has owned Caravans for a very long time. Feeder companies are contracted to operate them, but they are owned by Fedex and flown and maintained under fedex rules.

True, but the pilots are not FedEX employees. They are from other companies.
I mean you don't hear the FBO fuelers bragging that they're FedEX employees just because they're contracted to fuel FedEX planes do you?
Of course not, there's no reason for them to...FedEX is not known throughout the industry for having highly experienced, very high paid fuelers.

The main reason someone claims they're a FedEX pilot when they actually work for a feeder is because of the reputation FedEX pilots have in the industry and the huge discrepancy in the pay scales.

I wouldn't think twice about it if those guys just said who they really flew for. MAC and Empire are actually pretty good companies. I don't care if they fly for FedEX or not, but lying about it with the purpose of fooling others is stupid.

True, but the pilots are not FedEX employees. They are from other companies...
Why is everyone so upset here? Heck, even FedEx truck drivers are not FedEx employees. They are "independent contracted employees," remember? Sry, couldn’t resist ;)

I was a FedEx pilot for about 10 minutes in the sim for my fruitless interview in 2001. That counts, right???? :)

The main reason someone claims they're a FedEX pilot when they actually work for a feeder is because of the reputation FedEX pilots have in the industry and the huge discrepancy in the pay scales.

Actually, he probably just didn't want to spend 10 minutes explaining to someone who the hell MAC is. :rolleyes:

who really cares

is anyone seriously upset that a feeder guy says they fly for fedex? :crying:

everyone knows whats going on... just relax and
:beer:

AV80R, where did you fly the ATP??
Mainly in my pocket. Why are you making such a big deal of putting ATP under "Ratings"? As you can tell, there's no place there for Certificate, License, etc. there, or did I miss it? Who cares about someone’s ratings if you don't know what kind of certificate they hold?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back