Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

180ToTheMarker

12 months of October
The mins state you must have your FE written but in the "questions" link on the web site it states you must have FE written "prior to starting training." Does this mean I can get interviewed without the FE as long as I get it prior to training or did I just waste 50 bucks?

Thanks

I believe you must have the FE written completed just to qualify for the company's mins.

From the website:

"Current FE Turbojet Rating or written (FEX or Basic/turbojet)"

Go take the written ASAP is my advice. It's not like SWA where you can get your type rating nlt 6 months after a job offer.

Just some friendly advice...

Do not show up to the interview without the written! I have taken the written twice now, and as far as I am concerned it is money well spent.

How bad you want it is reflected in how prepared you are for the call when and if it comes.

You did not waste $50.

Get the FE written!

The cost of the FE written is a small price to pay for the chance to get an interview, and it is a minimum requirement. I don't think you will get an interview without it, so if you spent the $50 to apply just take another $250 to ALLATPs and get the written. Or just study the material and go take the test. In any event, you must plan on getting the FE written if you want to work here so you might as well bite the bullet now and show them that you are serious about the job.

Also, if you have the FE written and it is expired you will need to have it current when you start training. For some reason FedEx does not accept the exemption about the written being good indefinitely if you are employed by a Part 121 carrier. Several people have asked that specific question and during the new hire indoc training the instructors were clear about that. Don't know why, but that is the way it is.

Best of luck.

FJ

I think the ATP written does not expire if you are with a 121 or 135 carrier but the FEX does no matter what???

With over 10,000 people with apps in, I'm guessing they wouldn't even think about interviewing anybody without an fe written and an atp. Just my .02.

Just to clarify...

Ok, I just want to make sure I understand. I have a FEX written that was taken three years ago, while I was at my 121 carrier (still employed by the same carrier). This is cool to interview, but I need a new one (within two years) to start training. This is how I read it, just wanted to make sure my small brain got it right! Thanks.

Correct?

Ted: I think that you are correct, but I still think it would look better in the app and resume to have a "current" written within 2 years. I certainly think you are good to go with the "old" one for applying.

Good Luck.

Get here quick!

FJ

FalconJet is right on. I faced the comment about my FEX during my interview.

One of the panel interviewers stated that I would have to retake the FEX since my two years was up in a few months.

In retrospect, I should have had a more recent one, but you never know when they will call for the interview.

To be safe I would retake it every 18 months to stay on the safe side, its the extra effort they see in the interview which may sway them on their opinions/recommendations.

Good luck!

Regardless of what the Q&A say, the application specifically asks you to check the box if you have a current FEX written. If your written is more than 2 years old you cannot check that box, (unless you are a liar).

There is no way for them to know that you have taken the FEX, but it has expired, so the best thing to do is to retake the exam. I need to renew my FEX, so until I get that done I'm not checking that box on the app.

Good luck to all

Latest resources

Back