FedEx Commute

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

luvfan

Could any FedEx guys/gals help out with information on commuting?

How easy is it to commute back and forth to MEM from any of these airports:

Lehigh Valley?
Scranton Avoca?
Binghamton?
Stewart?
Newark?

My suspicion is EWR is a piece of cake, but not sure about the others.

thanks!

You are correct, Newark is an absolute no-brainer, probably one of the easiest commutes out there as far as numbers of flights to/from Memphis. As for the others, I've never been to any, and I'd have to look up the identifiers and check the jumpseat system for flights. Throw them my way if you know them off the top of your head.

I haven't checked the schedule recently, but there is a 727 that operates daily out of stewart/newburg. Having said that, there are a few guys that live up in that area making it a little competitive for the two jumpseats. I don't think we operate out of the other cities mentioned . Hope it helps.

slowdryver

727s operate out of ABE and SWF. Gerally speaking one flight daily departing around 10pm to MEM for the night sort. No flights to the other locations

Anyone know how difficult it is to commute from Salt Lake City (SLC) to Memphis. I see multiple DC-10s and A-300s flying in and out every day so it doesn't appear to be difficult.

Thanks,
backflip

I thought I'd break my usual silence to say something to the FedEx guys who are looking at this site.

When will your cockpit jumpseats be available again? if ever?

Those of us who used to use FedEx as part of our commuting strategy are getting tired of the same old chant "its not the FedEx pilots fault, they're working on it", and from our union(Southwest Airlines Pilots Assosiation "SWAPA") jumpseat coordinator "don't be mean to the FedEx pilots"

I personnally can't see any "work" going on. The www.fedexpilot.org web site has had the same sad little letter posted in the jumpseat section since about three days after Sep 11, 2001. No updates, no explainations, no reports of progress, no "thanks for continuing to let our guys jumpseat on all of you"... The FedEx jumpseat coordinator doesn't even return my emails.

You're right.... crappy statement to make, deleted it.

Last edited:
Juniority said:
I'm not in the left seat yet, but I will be very shortly, and that will be the cutoff point for FedEx (and other cargo guys) to jumpseat on any jet I'm flying.

Wow, not even in the left seat yet and its already gone to your head. Let me guess, you used to be a SAC Stan/Eval tanker toad chief pilot... Would you like to post your name so we can reciprocate the favor when we can allow jumpseaters again?

Anyway, although I seldomly jumpseat, I'd like to thank all the professional pilots who continue to allow me and fellow cargo pilots the priviledge of jumpseating. It is truly a sign that this profession is a brotherhood (and sisterhood) when we have stand up aviators who will go out of their way to help out a fellow pilot even though he has no way to pay you back.

Unfortunately there exists a small miniority such as Junior who fail to understand that we have ZERO to do with the current situation. To those "brothers" I say if you wanna blame someone -- Blame TSA. Wanna kick someone off your airplane? How about Osama? Truth is we don't have FAs and dont have passenger seats. All our jumpseats are classified as "cockpit jumpseats", even the ones aft of the cockpit door. Until the TSA and FAA come up with a procedure that allows offline pilots to ride cockpit jumpseats, there is nothing we can do.

Latest resources

Back