Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Steve

Curtis Malone
Anyone here work for FedEx? How do you like working for them? Anyone know the minimums for the Caravan and if they operate in the NE US. Thanks

Those Caravans you see are operated on contract by companies such as Wiggins and Mountain Air Cargo for FedEx. They operate all over the place.

Generally, from what I've seen, mins are pretty high, I believe Wiggins wants somewhere around 2500 hrs (though I'm not positive of the exact #) I believe the high mins are due to the fact that the AC are very expensive turbine aircraft operated at night in all kinds of bad weather, single pilot. Also, they are operated under CFR135, requiring that the pilots at least meet the 135 IFR min qualifications.

In short, these are not beginner jobs, they look for experienced pilots.

Mountain Air Cargo wanted 2200 pic to fly the caravan. I flew the Fokker for them, and could never fly the caravan unless I built some pic time outside of work. That's one reason why I left. Good luck to you.

Maybe Telford Aviation, they have the UPS contract as well as some other assorted work in the Northeast - but hiring is sporadic.

Mid-Atlantic freight wants 1500 TT (I don't think an ATP is required) and they have C208s all over the country. They're owned by Atlantic Aero in GSO and are a great bunch of guys from my experience. But, I do remember someone with an otherwise excellent record and work history was canned for hitting a taxi light at GSO. May be mistaken ... I dunno ...

Minh Thong

Minh Thong

I talked to a guy at MYGF that worked for Mountain flying a caravan and he was pretty upset about it. He said he got on with Mountain for a way into Fedex and found that Fedex will hire outside before hiring from Mountain. He didn't elaborate and it may as well have been his personal assumption. Can anyone shed any light on this subject?

FedEx Hiring FedEx Feeder Pilots

From what I have heard is that FedEx does NOT like to hire guys who fly the Caravans and F-27's for them. The reason I have heard is that FedEx actually owns the Caravans and pays for their pilots training so if they would then hire them they would have to train them in the 727/A300/MD-11 ect and also pay to have a new guy retrained into the Caravan. I don't know if this infact true or just an ulgy rumor I heard.

Latest resources

Back