FedEx Called Today

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BlondAmbition

I got called for an interview today. I have one REALLY big concern besides all the others. I don't know a sole at FedEx. Is this going to be a problem? I thought you HAD to know someone just to get the interview. Now I have the interview and still don't know anyone to put as a FedEx reference.

Also, I don't know the first place to go for getting all the gouges. PLEASE, I don't care about where to eat BBQ; that can wait until I am in training. Meanwhile, I gotta get hired.

Who is the best source for:

Interview Prep
Sim Prep
Test Prep
?????

You guys are always a huge help. I am looking forward to conversing.

BlondAmbition

Congratulations. I got the call yesterday as well. I don't know where you can get interview prep and I'd be interested to know myself if anyone knows. But here are two good web sites where you can find good gouge. Friends of mine that have interviewed with FedEx say that the info at these two sites is right on.

Try:

http://www.megaone.com/willfly4food/

and

http://www.aviationinterviews.com

Good luck and maybe I'll see you in Memphis!

Backflip

Just out of curiosity....... can you tell me when you applied, if you had any contacts and anything special they did on your behalf, etc? Appreciate it and a big congrats to ya'll!

I highly recommend that you contact a guy that frequents this website. His screen name is "AlbieF15" ... and his realworld name is Aaron. He is a pilot/FE at FedEx and offers a FedEx interview prep over the telephone for a price that is far below all of the Air Inc and other interview prep companies out there. And his gouge is very, very current.

Aaron has a great deal of CRM background and is very helpful in all aspects of the interview process. Your money will be well spent with him.

Good luck,

Kav

I wouldn't worry about not knowing anyone at FedEx. I was in the exact same situation, got an interview without any references, and went to the interview never putting one on my app. I got hired, and I personally know 2 other guys who got interviews without references and they both got hired as well.

Hmm... maybe the guys with references should worry, as the only guys I know that didn't get hired had them...;)

Seriously, they are not going to call you for an interview unless they want to hire you. It would be a total waste of their time and money to interview guys they know in advance they don't want to hire.

Congrats and good luck!!

Dear Spur,

Thanks for the kind words. That is a really big concern and I appreciate your easing my mind. I just figured that you would have to know someone to proceed. I didn't want to do this huge amount of prep work for nothing-only because I didn't know someone.

Would you liken the testing to Delta's routine?

BlondeAmbition

When did you submit your app? How many times did you update? When was your last update? What is your flight background?

Thanks,

Fedex Hopeful

BA,

Don't even worry about a ref a FDX. A reference is much more valuable to get you in the door (an interview) rather than help you get the job. Once there, you're basically on your own. I don't have any current gouge, but I don't think things have changed in a long time, the above references had valuable gouge for me. Also search this site, lots of old threads on FDX interview gouge, some as recent as a few months ago. Good luck :)

Last edited:
Inteview Time Frame

OldTomCat,

They offered about a month out from interview notification. I took August instead. I have too much prep work to do to rush things.

BlondAmbition

Latest resources

Back