Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atpcliff

Hi!

There were rumours going around Wall St. today that someone/some entity was trying to buy FedEx and take it private!!!

Anyone.....Anyone.....

Bueller.....Bueller???

cliff
YIP

I read the yahoo blurb...Someone is smoking crack buyout r u serious??

First Astar, now fedex, coincidence, you decide.

Maybe Yellow figures that if they ship all their cargo on FedEx they can offer 10am delivery...............

Private equity buyout could be a real possibility given the value of the stock. So far, nobody is trying to buy FedEx, but Fed Ex fits the profile of what private equity firms are looking for. The main attraction is the Fed Ex Kinkos which they will be able to juice up and turn very quickly. So, If a private equity acquisition did occur, how would that affect the pilot group?

Hi!

There were rumours going around Wall St. today that someone/some entity was trying to buy FedEx and take it private!!!

Anyone.....Anyone.....

Bueller.....Bueller???

cliff
YIP

The rumour is out there about southwest since their stock is so cheap too,,,,, all that would mean one thing if it happened,,,,,, someone is going to rape the company sell the planes and assets, lease everything back and eventually swindle the money for management or new owners,,,,,,,, hmmm,,,,,,

Anyone know Carl Icahn.................

The rumour is out there about southwest since their stock is so cheap too,,,,, all that would mean one thing if it happened,,,,,, someone is going to rape the company sell the planes and assets, lease everything back and eventually swindle the money for management or new owners,,,,,,,, hmmm,,,,,,

Anyone know Carl Icahn.................

Interesting...I haven't heard that about Southwest...when did all this start? Usually when private equity starts to get mentioned the stock price will explode, such as FedEx did the other day...almost 6% in one day. I wouldn't consider Southwest stock cheap, it has a PE of 23.85, when the average of the market now is 18. Not saying it is expensive, but I would be surprised if Southwest would be a private equity target.

So, with all this being said, I may have missed something. If you can point me in the right direction to find out more about private equity being interested in Southwest I would love to look at it.

Cliff, that is suppose to be a secret, since our owner went into private equity, USA Jet has been looking for an airline to buy. Where is your security training?

Whew!

You sure this isnt some wild rumor you "thunk" you heard while suffering from brown bottle flu? Ive heard the stuff is easy to catch on long layovers and days off.

I think this is a little more than just a crew room rumor...this would be a big deal for private equity to work out, but they have A LOT of money to do what they do, which is buy companies. Blackstone just went public just a few weeks ago, and they pocketed hords of cash. It is burning holes in there pockets. Wall Street seems to think that there is a deal brewing this weekend. Guess time will tell. I personally don't think their is anything going on now, but I am enjoying watching my FDX stock skyrocket!

http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/070709/1488362.html?.v=1

http://secure2.thestreet.com/cap/lo...m/p/_yahoo/rmoney/jimcramerblog/10367809.html

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/070708/fedex_barrons.html?.v=2

Latest resources

Back