FedEx buying DHL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FedEx & DHL

The title of this thread should be "FedEx CLOSING DHL". My guess, FedEx would purchase the US domestic portion of DHL simply to put the volume into their existing system. Per-se, no need for the future continuation of the current DHL domestic system.

It will mean some hiring at FedEx and that is a good thing. No "Ill-will" ment toward the current DHL Airways/ABX folks ... just an observation.

TransMach

Last edited:
The title of this thread should be "FedEx CLOSING DHL". My guess, FedEx would purchase the US domestic portion of DHL simply to put the volume into their existing system. Per-se, no need for the future continuation of the current DHL domestic system.

It will mean some hiring at FedEx and that is a good thing. No "Ill-will" ment toward the current DHL Airways/ABX folks ... just an observation.

TransMach

The rest of the rumor has DHL delivering for FedEx in Europe like FedEx would do for DHL in N. America.

I wonder what UPS has to say about this.

UPS reportedly was in talks with DP over the summer about buying up to a 30% stake in DP. The DHL issue must have been a focus of discussions. Makes you wonder why UPS said no thanks to DHL.

Fedex isn't exactly buying DHL, they are just "in talks" of taking over the Domestic U.S. from DHL.

It's like being at the dance and you see the chick with the big hooters, and you want to dance with her, but haven't made your move yet. Your still a long ways away from getting in her britches.

DP said last week this rumor was false.

I have to agree with hvy, something is going to happen and you know it's not going to be good for many if not all. I hope it's just a delivery thing and that the air network remains. But you never know and have to take it in stride to know there is not one thing any of us can do about it. Those jerks that could not see what working in an express service business is about will get what they deserve and the rest of us will suffer because of them. I have seen some drivers posting trash and wishing for the demise of DHL the whole time. Too bad they were not the weeds DHL could just get rid of. There are good people in this USA operation that tried their best and worked their butts off to make this work. If I were the one tasked to swing the axe I would start in MKE and have them know it's because of decisions such as that holiday fiasco that customers left for good. We will all find another job. We were looking when we found this one. If you did your best you know it and you did everything you could for this to be a success. The next couple months will be....er....something, I don't know what.

Latest resources

Back