FedEx Bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DL
Thanks for that update. Any crewcus or indoc class rumors about opening a new domestic domicile?

No substantiated rumors on new domestic "domiciles".....some folks think Indy may become a domicile (not just a hub) when the 757s come on board, but we didn't hear that from any of the mgt types during our indoc in Aug.

Public sources show that Greensboro is on track to be the next east coast hub opening in 2009 expanding to about 60 flights a day by 2014....it is rumored that this would allow a downsizing of our flights thru the current Newwark hub, though Newark would not close by any means.

Hope some of that info is helpful.

Thanks DL,
Thanks for the reply!
I know Indy was rumored and in turn was picked apart for several reasons, thought there may be a rumor mill "plan B". Wasn't there also a lot of public pressure against us operating out of GSO? That old issue with people buying homes next to the airport and then getting pissed off that there is jet noise.....

Thanks DL,
Thanks for the reply!
I know Indy was rumored and in turn was picked apart for several reasons, thought there may be a rumor mill "plan B". Wasn't there also a lot of public pressure against us operating out of GSO? That old issue with people buying homes next to the airport and then getting pissed off that there is jet noise.....

Talking about GSO and the public outcry, check out this website: Boycott FedEx

It's pretty funny. Check out the pictures the guy posted of airplanes "flying over his house". I found the site way back when I was working on getting hired and doing a little bit of research. By the way, don't send them any messages and try to shoot holes in their theories, because they don't listen to logic. Enjoy.

Seventy more ANC fo's are on the new bid and the trend will probably continue, with possibly a few more senior guys jumping in because of the move package

Will you explain more about the move package?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back