FedEX at TLH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PhatAJ2008

There are two Boeing 727's at TLH, but it appears they only use one. Anyone know why?
Also- they just built a new cargo ramp over on the east side of the airport. Anyone know when they are movie over?
Thanks

There are two Boeing 727's at TLH, but it appears they only use one. Anyone know why?
Also- they just built a new cargo ramp over on the east side of the airport. Anyone know when they are movie over?
Thanks

Typically when you see two 727's there was an extra section added for more boxes or one of them had a mechanical.

I used to love hearing that roar around 1115 each night when they launched. The flight numbers are still the same.. FDX1278 outbound and 1478 inbound.

If there was a second airplane, it would usually launch in the morning around 9 or 10am or hang out all day.

I worked as a CFI/pilot for Flightline from 2001-2003... how are things down there these days?

YES! Every night at 11:15 it flies over like clockwork. Flightline is renevating the old airport and putting some sort of resort with a hotel and all over there... Pretty cool.

Go Noles

Spare aircraft are left around the system rather than park all at MEM. That aircraft you see is a spare.

During peak sometimes 2 jets go in and out of TLH, but most of the time it is just the flight numbers already mentioned.

Speaking of TLH, I use to work as an instructor for the FSU Aviation Club. Do you know if it still is in operation? Is Aero Aviation, with Rich, still a maint. facility around the old terminal? Good times, good times.....

I am the current President of the FSU Flying Club.

Rich is still around Aero. I got my PPL there. He is actually starting an FBO to compete with Flightline.

Go Noles

I too used to hang around the Flying Club, and the Sailing Club back in the day, but sadly that was a LONG time ago....

Latest resources

Back