Fedex and UPS sim instructor jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

overqualified

Can someone point in the direction where one can find out about Fedex or UPS sim instructor positions? I know that many line guys also instruct but have heard about people being hired on as instructors. You can PM me if you would like. Thanks in advance

Can someone point in the direction where one can find out about Fedex or UPS sim instructor positions? I know that many line guys also instruct but have heard about people being hired on as instructors. You can PM me if you would like. Thanks in advance

Instead of PM'ing, please post it here so we can all see.

Do you like Anchorage? :)

Airline Ground Training Instructor - Anchorage, AK

https://ups.managehr.com/screening/...=10&citystate=AL&jobcategorylst=2&keywordtxt=

Also, they were looking for MD11 instructors recently and I’m sure that if you have MD11 experience they'll always find a spot for you.

However, at UPS a simulator/ground instructor position is not an entry into the line pilot position. I know at FedEx they are guaranteed an interview after a certain period of time (3 years I think?). However, I’ve been told it’s very unusual to see someone at Big Brown move from a sim/ground instructor position into a line pilot position.

Of course, that’s just what I’ve been told, you won’t know until you try I guess…

Does anyone know how the pay for sim instructors compares to that of line pilots?

Sim instructors at UPS are IPA line pilots. I don'tknow of anyone hired off the street just to be a sim instructor.

Ex-UPS sim instructor but now just a line slug.

Sim instructors at UPS are IPA line pilots.

You're right, I was thinking ground instructors; I know there are several systems instructors who were hired 'off-the-street'...

I don’t know of anyone hired off the street just to be a sim instructor.

Well, they do hire sim instructors 'off-the-street' but they go to management side and work on the "checking" and not on the "training" side...

Well, they do hire sim instructors 'off-the-street' but they go to management side and work on the "checking" and not on the "training" side...

You know what they say....

"Those who can..do, those who can't..teach, and those who can't teach..go into management and evaluate":rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back