Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the overall theme that is coming through now is:

DON'T PRE-JUDGE.

Don't base your vote on rumors (ie what you read here or hear on the crew bus).

There will be plenty of time for you to decide if this contract is right for you.

As the UPS guys proved, everyone looks out for themself. That's why almost half of their guys voted against their TA.

As an example....pay rates may mean a lot to a local Memphis guy who only flies PM out & backs. But the trip rig improvement may mean more to an MD-11 guy who bids long trips.

Until all the details are out none of us can make a qualified judgment about this TA.

Cool your jets, wait for the road shows and then vote for what is best for you and your family.

Happy or not, ya gotta vote the first one down.

This ain't the first one.

By the time the negotiating commitee TA's a section, the company has made DOZENS of offers. And we have made dozens back.

The final product is not the first, but the last of many many "offers."

It is also, in the opinion of the negotiations guys (that do this stuff full time) the best we can do. Vote any way you want - but understand the lack of trust that a "no" vote means.

Huck said:
Vote any way you want - but understand the lack of trust that a "no" vote means.

That is way off buddy. A "no" vote doesn't have jack s hi t to do with "trust". It just means you don't the final product is not good enough. And that is d am n well your right. I, and hopefully others, won't have any reservation whatsoever voting No if we think we can get more. And likewise, I won't have any reservation voting Yes if I think this is as good as it's going to get.

In business, you don't get what you deserve. You get what you negotiate.

Last edited:
VaB said:
Didn't the first 2 tries at a contract here at FedEx get voted down? Our final product was pretty good.

You work here right? We have been under our current contract since 1998. Before that we had been under the same work rules that changed at the whim of the company since 1983 in a book called the FCH(flight crew handbook). It was very very vague. You make it sound like you don't know were our currently under a contract and that the one we just got a TA on "is" the first one. I'm not going to repeat what everyone has said between your post and this one but i'm sure you can figure out that this TA is not the first offer from the current negotiations.

It is your right to vote no but I hope you get all the facts before you do it not just because you think you're supposed to without even looking at it:confused:

Latest resources

Back