Fedex and Fort Worth Alliance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

highflying

Whats it the deal with Fedex and AFW (Fort Worth Alliacne airport) Is it a base or do they just do lots of flying in and out of there??

Sort facility. Was planned for a lot more flying than is done out of there, however when FedEx got the US Postal contract in 2001, it changed the dynamics of domestic routes. FedEx AFW flying has diminished ever since.

I'm based out of AFW. FedEx has been here since late 1997. They grew the operation over the years then cut back some after 9/11. They are growing again. Right now the airport is expanding the main runway (16L/34R) out to 11,000 or 11,500 with plans for more if needed, this is so that FedEx can fly the big birds overseas during the day (AFW has a day sort too) non-stop and also because the airport (privately managed -a Perot company - but owned by the City of Fort Worth) wants to attract other cargo carriers.

And their are extending the runway due to Perot's new business venture as well:

Alliance Aviation Center of Excellence (AACE) Program

Instructing UAE students before they goto Tuscon to learn to fly the Block 60 Viper

Hey Lobo (you one of those "XL" guys?). Yea, I heard about that over a year ago but not anything recently. Something about using F-5's if I remember. I don't dismiss it, as far fetched as it seems, ol' Perot always seems to make the impossible possible. Now if I could just get him to let me take his Stearman or T-38 out for a spin....

Last edited:
F-5's are purchased and are waiting to be assembled.(Purchased from Norway's AF, I think)

Lockheed Martin is the contractor that is doing the hiring. ( I cant remember who has the MX contract)

The new building on the South West sideof the airport is where they are planning on staging out of.

This program was suppose to start this past Jan but it has been getting pushed to the right due to legislation and other factors. I think they are looking at a start date of Jan '08 right now. The applications for instructors are still on Lockheed website.

Nice! You have a separation date yet? LOL. Seriously though, that would be a cool IP job, with all the Muslum holy days there seem be I doubt you would ever end up working more than 3-days a week. Sweet!

so it is a base? How many pilots are based out of there and is it junior or senior? Someone just told me about it being a base and it was the first I have heard of it. When I look on airlinepilotcentral it doesnt say anything about it. I guess the internet isnt always 100%

Latest resources

Back