FedEx AirCan rumor is it true?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BrownTailGuy

One of latest rumors heard here at Brown is Fred bent us over again and purchased the 30 Air Canada 767-300's recently. I had heard we were looking into purchasing them but if this rumor is true UPS screwed themselves over again and Team Purple came out smelling like a rose. Anyone else hear this rumor?

I haven't heard that either. When are the 747-400's on the ramp? I'll run by our cafe in MEM as well.

Last edited:
FedEx 767s

Would Fred really want to bring on another fleet type so soon? Although the common 757/767 type rating makes sense here. I just hope we got them! I'd like to say I'd be surprised if we missed out on those airframes, but time will tell.

767 Specs?

How does the 767 stack up against the MD11, similar range, payload? UPS folks, you have both right?

How does the 767 stack up against the MD11, similar range, payload? UPS folks, you have both right?

According to the Boeing web site:

767-300 Freighter, Volume of 16,034 Cubic Ft; Max Payload 123,000#; Max range of 3270 NM

MD-11 Freighter, Volume of 21,096 Cubic Ft; Max Payload 202,100#; Max range of 7140 NM

Definitely not an apples to apples comparison. The 777 is a lot closer in comparison to the MadDog.

All rumors at this point - I haven't heard anything but I'll keep an ear open on the turns this week.

It sounds like something we would do. Look at the A300/310 - larger and smaller aircraft with same type rating. MD-11/10 - same type rating. I wouldn't put it past Fred to do that and in fact I hope he has. However, I haven't heard anything about board approval for 767's...

Maybe we're just going to buy all of the UPS 757's and you guy can have the CAN 767's. ;)

If you need anything, I'll be getting coffee for the crew

XYV

Latest resources

Back