• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx 208 Blizzard

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
610F! Now that's just too easy! I had a 510B and a 510E. Neither of those were easy to land. I did test fly one of the early 610's they flew decidedly different than the 510's. The dealer demo'ing it said to me "Your flying it like a Sensor, don't do that".

I currently fly a Wills Wing Ram Air 146 when I get the chance as work keeps me away from home for a while.

Good Luck To Us All!

Fearless, that's funny. My glider was a RamAir 146! It was a sweet flying and thermaling wing, but nowhere near as nice as the 610F. Certainly not as easy to stick the landings. That 610F had a really short chord that just made it a piece of cake to snap up in the flare.

I've given it up for now to pursue all this airplane stuff. I'll be flying gliders soon to get my soaring fix, but look forward to the day when I can get back into hang gliders. I think when I resume I'm going to shop for one of those rigid wings like the ATOS or something similar.

Caboclo said:
Been there, done that.

"I don't think the heavy stuff is gonna come down for another hour or so.."

Montreal in the winter looks like the U.P. in the fall :D

Jobear
now where is that PAM?

It was a night like that picture that got me my current job. Everyone canceled and there I was de-iceing with a bug sprayer when my current CP comes over and says I gotta get you a job... I miss nites like that, I guess I'll never change

Great pic,
Its a very cold snow, so it won't stick...!

Don't miss those days... too much!

That kind of weather is no fun for the guys in the fuel truck, not sure if I miss those days, but I'm getting sick of summer in south florida.

The upside to this one is that in a caravan you can NEVER be cold.

Bleed-air heet in a small space like that rocks!

And yes, I know the inside of a caravan isn't really small space, but considering that the sucker is probably packed to the gills in the back and the cargo bulkhead behind the pilot seats doesn't allow for much reclining legroom......

well you get the idea.

Actually the biggest pain in winter flying of the Caravan other than the well known "affinity" of handling inflight icing is that with extreme cold weather at times the aileron trim would freeze up. This was especially a problem when flying out on the West Coast where you would be in a lot of rain and then climb up into colder temps and icing conditions. I had called Cessna on this and it was supposedly the grease used in the trim actuator.

The long standing joke is that you can go up to a Caravan sitting on the ramp during the summer, throw and ice cube at it, and it'll stick.

Princedietrich said:
The long standing joke is that you can go up to a Caravan sitting on the ramp during the summer, throw and ice cube at it, and it'll stick.

LOL, love that! I miss the Caravan.

Latest resources

Back